Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pondering  (Read 3824 times)

Andres Bonilla

Pondering
« on: July 10, 2014, 01:25:00 pm »

This was a tough shot for me, the only light was from the television set and a low wattage bulb above; I still like the moment of both of them while the ponder the events of that day. What do you think?

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Re: Pondering
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:37:46 pm »

Very gritty in a good way.

Peter

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:10:36 pm »

Hi Andres, Something seems to be wrong with the link. When I click on the picture the larger version tries to come up in DreamWeaver, but ends up as random garbage.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

seamus finn

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »

I like it - any chance of the back-story? Far from an end of day feel good factor, I get an impression of tremendous anxiety. It's not a relaxed scene, is it, the more you look at it?

mal mcilwraith

• malmac photography
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 02:50:24 pm »

I know who is pondering, it is me and obviously most of you.

Why is the lady side on to the direction of the TV screen?
Why is the boy looking at the viewer?
Why is there a padlock on the door?

The questions roll on.

Oh by the way, I find the image engaging, maybe voyeuristic, certainly here is "LIFE" pretty much on the inside.

Mal

seamus finn

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 03:09:09 pm »

"LIFE" pretty much on the inside.

That's precisely what I was thinking of.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 04:24:48 pm »

Very gritty in a good way.

Peter

Thanks! It was bit challenging

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 04:27:05 pm »

Hi Andres, Something seems to be wrong with the link. When I click on the picture the larger version tries to come up in DreamWeaver, but ends up as random garbage.

Wow! I don't have a clue. It is a Jpeg. Could it be something with the site?

RSL

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 04:47:52 pm »

Can't even guess. From the description of the link I'd guess you uploaded it in the usual way. I tried to bring the object being pointed to up in Photoshop CC. No joy on that either. But nobody else seems to be having a problem, so it may be a local problem.

Okay. All is well. I rebooted and that solved the problem. When I put up "I Ching Readings" I found I couldn't get that master up either.

A good shot, Andres.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:04:50 pm by RSL »

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 05:25:21 pm »

I like it - any chance of the back-story? Far from an end of day feel good factor, I get an impression of tremendous anxiety. It's not a relaxed scene, is it, the more you look at it?

Yes the story was difficult. She is from Honduras,  her husband owned a small store but refused to pay the" mareros" gang members and he was shot. When she got back from work her oldest son was with him trying to put the brain back. The gangs told the la. dy that the son belonged to them. He is 5 years old. She left everything and came to Mexico with her other 2 sons. The young man came by himself but he is mentally a bit slow. She cooks for him and washes his clothes. That night they told them, he did not qualify for asylum.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 05:30:45 pm »

I know who is pondering, it is me and obviously most of you.

Why is the lady side on to the direction of the TV screen?
Why is the boy looking at the viewer?
Why is there a padlock on the door?

The questions roll on.

Oh by the way, I find the image engaging, maybe voyeuristic, certainly here is "LIFE" pretty much on the inside.

The issue with this shelters is that they are temporary. The pad lock is to protect them from predators that may enter in the middle of the night. Actually I got locked in by mistake and had to exit through the roof.

Mal

RSL

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 11:55:57 am »

:-\ I was mistaken. Rebooting didn't solve the problem. Beginning sometime yesterday I stopped being able consistently to bring up the larger photographs from LuLa's thumbnail links. I cleared the Firefox cache to see if the problem was a corrupted cache. That wasn't the problem. Once in a while I successfully can get a picture to load properly. Once in a while a picture will be cracked up and splashed all over the screen. Once in a while Firefox will tell me it can't display a picture because it's corrupted. Often, all I'll get is a blank screen. I build webs, so I have all the top browsers available for testing. I have the same problem with all my browsers, so it isn't a problem with Firefox, which is my default. Firefox often will try to load the linked picture in DreamWeaver, and when it does all I get in DreamWeaver is garbage. Chrome explains what Firefox is doing when that happens: when I try to bring up a picture from its thumbnail Chrome simply downloads the "index.php" part of the link's URL string.

LuLa is the only place I'm having this problem. I can go to any other site that has pictures, click on a thumbnail, and instantly load the linked picture. Is anybody else having this problem?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:10:48 pm by RSL »

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 12:32:08 pm »

:-\ I was mistaken. Rebooting didn't solve the problem. Beginning sometime yesterday I stopped being able consistently to bring up the larger photographs from LuLa's thumbnail links. I cleared the Firefox cache to see if the problem was a corrupted cache. That wasn't the problem. Once in a while I successfully can get a picture to load properly. Once in a while a picture will be cracked up and splashed all over the screen. Once in a while Firefox will tell me it can't display a picture because it's corrupted. Often, all I'll get is a blank screen. I build webs, so I have all the top browsers available for testing. I have the same problem with all my browsers, so it isn't a problem with Firefox, which is my default. Firefox often will try to load the linked picture in DreamWeaver, and when it does all I get in DreamWeaver is garbage. Chrome explains what Firefox is doing when that happens: when I try to bring up a picture from its thumbnail Chrome simply downloads the "index.php" part of the link's URL string.

LuLa is the only place I'm having this problem. I can go to any other site that has pictures, click on a thumbnail, and instantly load the linked picture. Is anybody else having this problem?

I have tried Firefox and even IE and the photos load up fine. I usually use Chrome.

RSL

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 12:51:17 pm »

One thing I should have added, I'm running Windows 7 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500. As I write this I'm running a deep scan on my system. The scan will take most of the day. But I can't imagine why a virus would affect just LuLa and not other places like 500px.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 01:09:51 pm »

One thing I should have added, I'm running Windows 7 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500. As I write this I'm running a deep scan on my system. The scan will take most of the day. But I can't imagine why a virus would affect just LuLa and not other places like 500px.

I am running Windows 7 Pro also and have no problem viewing the site, except that now when I quote my answer is embedded in the quote.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 03:38:15 pm »

But I can't imagine why a virus would affect just LuLa and not other places like 500px.

How is your standing with the NSA? LOL

Peter

RSL

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 04:11:35 pm »

I think I'm in the clear, Peter. I don't expect a swat team on the porch within the next few minutes. About an hour ago I got out my laptop to see if I have the same problem with that. No. No problem. But then I remembered that night before last my main system added about twelve Windows updates, so now I'm working on updating the laptop to see if the problem is from the updates. Interesting stuff: I can go to 500px, click on thumbnails there, and everything comes up roses. I've tried a number of other picture sites and found no problems. LuLa is the only one that bombs. The only difference I can put my finger on is that LuLa's link strings are longer than the others and contain "index.php" for a dynamic link. We'll see what happens when the laptop is updated.

RSL

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 06:31:47 pm »

I finally did a system restore to three days ago. All is now well. Still haven't any idea what the problem was.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 06:35:10 pm »

I think I'm in the clear, Peter. I don't expect a swat team on the porch within the next few minutes. About an hour ago I got out my laptop to see if I have the same problem with that. No. No problem. But then I remembered that night before last my main system added about twelve Windows updates, so now I'm working on updating the laptop to see if the problem is from the updates. Interesting stuff: I can go to 500px, click on thumbnails there, and everything comes up roses. I've tried a number of other picture sites and found no problems. LuLa is the only one that bombs. The only difference I can put my finger on is that LuLa's link strings are longer than the others and contain "index.php" for a dynamic link. We'll see what happens when the laptop is updated.

Auto updates can be and often are killers....

Peter

RSL

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 06:53:48 pm »

Well, turns out the system restore didn't solve the problem. It's an intermittent. Every other site with pictures works just fine, but not LuLa.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up