Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade from 20D to Mark IIn  (Read 2695 times)

ny_surfer

Upgrade from 20D to Mark IIn
« on: September 23, 2005, 09:33:01 pm »

Is there a noticible difference in the Picture quality from the canon 20D to the 1D Mark IIn.  Both are 8 megs I know, but if the settings were the same on both camera's and the same picture were taken would you be able to see a difference in the quality of the pic.  I know about the .6 v. .3 crop factor, that is not what I am looking for.

I am trying to decide if I should upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

Dave

sakimano

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 01:58:23 am »

Is there a noticible difference in the Picture quality from the canon 20D to the 1D Mark IIn.  Both are 8 megs I know, but if the settings were the same on both camera's and the same picture were taken would you be able to see a difference in the quality of the pic.  I know about the .6 v. .3 crop factor, that is not what I am looking for.

I am trying to decide if I should upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=49673\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nobody replied to this?  Shocker...

image66

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 12:44:43 pm »

Nobody replied to this?  Shocker...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92320\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There are many reasons to consider an upgrade.  Image Quality isn't one of them. A good friend of mine uses both for shooting weddings.  The 1DmII gives slightly better skin appearance and the "Bokeh" of the 1DmII is marginally better.  He prefers the 1DmII for the AF, the better viewfinder, better controls and less apparant vibration.  Also, the camera is more nicely balanced with the big lenses he uses.

If you going to spend the kind of money to "upgrade" a 20D for Image Quality reasons, I'd forgo the 1DmII and get either the 5D or a 1DsMII.

xmishx

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 02:00:32 pm »

I'd say the biggest difference of the 2 cameras is performance. With the exception of dark situations, the 1DmkII will focus faster than the 20D. The buffer is bigger and you can shoot faster. It is truly a professional camera that is built for abuse.
Ted Mishima
[url=http://www.mishimaphoto
Pages: [1]   Go Up