Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boulder Creek in Death Hollow  (Read 504 times)

chuckn

Boulder Creek in Death Hollow
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:26:17 pm »

Taken in Death Hollow, Grand Staircase.

Chuck.

owenn01

Re: Boulder Creek in Death Hollow
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 04:24:32 am »

Hi Chuck, I've come back to this a few times now as I find it difficult to comment on in some ways.

I can easily see why you were drawn to the subject - the pools and the swirling water make for very inviting subjects and the flow (if you'll excuse the pun) through the image works well. I think what I'm struggling with a little is the bright reflections on the water surface - yes; they create the patterns and accentuate the 'swirls' very nicely, but they are also a little distracting as well and don't create much of an organic feel to the surface (though that may have been your intention I'm happy to admit). Also, the pools are a little clipped down both sides with the frame edge; I'd have liked to have seen more of these, either by using a wider angle of view (UWA for example) or, alternatively, by shooting this in a Landscape orientation - you'd have lost some of the far canyon walls but I don't think that would have had much of a negative impact and may have allowed a greater feeling of movement and space in the image.

All that said, it's a great location, the colours are the usual, almost rainbow, range that one expects from canyon/water shots like this and I would love to be there right now to be honest...

Thanks for sharing and kind regards, N.
Pages: [1]   Go Up