Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do LaserJet printers "Clog"?  (Read 609 times)

Some Guy

Do LaserJet printers "Clog"?
« on: July 07, 2014, 05:19:14 pm »

Okay, I got a LaserJet to do printed circuit boards.  Seems inkjets don't do those well with the Technik PCB Blue transfer films that are a heat-transfer type of mylar to the copper boards.

Does a LaserJet need any sort of weekly or monthly run to make sure the drum and toner play nice?  Seems my inkjets need to run every 3-4 days or a bad nozzle check will be the result, but don't know about these LaserJet ones.  Just toss it into storage for a few months until needed again?  Only thing I see is to shake the toner cartridge side-to-side.

Cheap printer, but it got the job done.  On sale at Staples for $69, but toner cart is $68 so printer costs $1 (It came with one though.).  Somehow I got the impression toner is as much as a rip off as inkjet ink is.

SG

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Do LaserJet printers "Clog"?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 06:21:34 pm »

Basically all you need to do is shake the drum every once and a while.  Most have drum and toner together now.  If not just pull toner and shake it.  Helps as the level gets below 1/2. 

When a laser printer starts to show strange print characteristics, more than likely the drum is getting on in use and needs to be replaced.  But as for clogs, I don't think the process allows for it as the process is heat driven to the drum. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up