Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original post clarified - Epson 3800 margins not printing properly  (Read 739 times)

dkabat

Maybe if I rephrase the question I will get some additional ideas.

The LR5.5 print module shows the image to print as 12 x 17.926 in at 216 pip.  When I print the image and measure it the measurements are only 17 ⅝ x 11 ¾ in.

A couple of LR setting changes from my original post all margins now .13 in and page setup shows 0 in.

Also, I reset all of the settings in LR print and added a new preset.  Also, deleted preferences file for LR and redid that.

Any ideas as to why this this happening?
_________
Original post

Haven't printed for awhile but have run into a problem with the margins printing incorrectly for an Epson 3800 on Mac OS X 10.9.3

Epson 3800 Driver Ver 9.22

Preset in LR 5.5
Page setup -
     Printer selected is Epson 3800
     Paper size - custom 13 x 19 with non printable area set at 0 for all borders

Print settings
     Printer selected is Epson 3800
     All printer settings as I want - manual rear
     Ultra premium photo luster
     Superfine 1440 dpi
     High speed

LR 5.5 options on right hand side of print screen
     Rotate to fit
     Margins all at .5 in
     Cell size = 18 x 12

The image window in the print dialog shows the image starting at .5" from each edge which is what I want

When I print though the image margins on the short edge are ok bit on the long edge they start at .625".

Am totally baffled.  As usual I imagine I am doing something very dumb. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:29:23 pm by dkabat »

AFairley

Re: Epson 3800 margins not printing properly
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:51:51 am »

Do you have an aspect ratio mismatch between image and print area?  If so try "zoom to fill" (I think that's wahat it's called) near the top of the right control panel.

dkabat

Re: Epson 3800 margins not printing properly
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:55:29 am »

Thanks but I tried that too with the zoom to fit.  Also, this image has been printed the same way many times before.  The only changes that occurred were as follows:

Update to Maverick
Update to LR 5.5
Had to reinstall printer with new driver

As I said, it's been awhile since I printed.  Am unable to downgrade everything to find out what he problem is and seas hoping someone else had same thing.

The only real problem with this is I have a bunch of precut mats that are no longer any good because of this.

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up