Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pigpen Pond  (Read 905 times)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Pigpen Pond
« on: July 06, 2014, 05:29:59 pm »

A hot, humid, late evening sunset at Pigpen Pond (Catonsville, MD). I used negative clarity in an attempt to give an impression of the 'heavy air'. While I'm not satisfied with the image, it does capture a bit of the moment. The forecast is calling more hot, humid weather, so I'll have plenty more opportunities to get this right. Thanks for viewing. C&C welcomed.

Bob
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Pigpen Pond
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:25:53 am »

I like the feeling coming out of the photo, indeed it is possible to perceive the humidity and heaviness of the air. However, some of the greens on the trees are a bit lifeless, or is it my impression only?

Bob_B

• It's all about light
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:22:36 am »

Paul, thanks for the comment. Yes, you are right about the greens. I ran into a problem where I could either get that "heavy air" feeling or better greens, but not both. I'll work on it more in LR and maybe try working in PS and using layer masks.

Bob
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 10:01:51 am »

Paul, thanks for the comment. Yes, you are right about the greens. I ran into a problem where I could either get that "heavy air" feeling or better greens, but not both. I'll work on it more in LR and maybe try working in PS and using layer masks.

Bob

You don't need PS for that - use the LR adjustment brush and paint in the effect you want. Or, better yet, paint the area you want to change, then make the adjustment to the brushed area to create the effect you want including contrast, clarity, white balance (move towards/into green), even introducing a green "wash" with the colour tool. Personally, I find this type of thing easier to do Lightroom (and I've used PS extensively for about 12 years) and more intuitive.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Lonnie Utah

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 10:07:46 am »

You don't need PS for that - use the LR adjustment brush and paint in the effect you want. Or, better yet, paint the area you want to change, then make the adjustment to the brushed area to create the effect you want including contrast, clarity, white balance (move towards/into green), even introducing a green "wash" with the colour tool. Personally, I find this type of thing easier to do Lightroom (and I've used PS extensively for about 12 years) and more intuitive.

Or pull up the green channel. I'd also bring up the black point or/to add contrast to the water. But that's just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth...

Bob_B

• It's all about light
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »

Thanks Terry & Lonnie. I'll give it a try in LR. - Bob
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up