Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Export Layers to Files... in Photoshop CS6 - problem with Exif Data  (Read 1326 times)

Dinarius

Six months ago, I photographed a scene (oil painting) for conservation purposes.

A few days ago, I photographed *exactly* the same scene for comparison's sake.

In Photoshop, I have placed the recent image on top of the older image to see what changes, if any, have occurred in the intervening period.

I want to save the upper layer (the newer image) as a separate image before flattening the layers and saving them.

So, I am using File/Scripts/Export Layers to Files... to do this.

I am making the lower layer (the older image) invisible, and checking the Visible Layers Only box.

My problem is that when I save the image and check it in Bridge, the File Properties/Date Created is that of the old image, six months ago.

How can I retain the correct data for this image?

Thanks.

D.

kirkt

It sounds like the base file that you use for your composite is the EXIF donor - so, try opening the new image, pasting the old image into it and doing what ever processing you are doing.  Then see if the EXIF from the new image is used by Photoshop in the export layers as files.

Otherwise, you can copy the EXIF from the original new image into the exported layer image using ExifTool.

kirk

Dinarius

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is, Auto-Align only alters the upper layer (as discussed in my other thread - thanks!)

So, if I paste the older file into the newer one (rather than the other way around, as I have been doing) then the older file becomes the upper layer and Auto-Align will make changes to it - correct?

But, I don't want any changes made to the older file - it is the reference image, so to speak, and I want Auto-Align to change the newer image relative to it.

Make sense? I hope so!  :)

So, why the metadata is taken from the lower layer (older file) is beyond me!

Thanks again.

D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up