Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation for 17" Glossy Roll like Epson's 16" roll?  (Read 880 times)

disneytoy

Recommendation for 17" Glossy Roll like Epson's 16" roll?
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:01:13 am »

We print on an Epson 3890.

We had good results printing on the 16" roll of Epson Glossy 100' around $60.

We'd really like to find an equivalent paper (quality and cost) but in a 17" roll.

Anny suggestions?

Also, can anyone recommend a heavy double sided glossy paper in sheets? Currently I print 2 8.5x11s  as gallery post cards. Glue a second print to the back and cut out cards. I'd love to be able to run say 10 sheets, flip them over print the back side then just trim them. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Max

RachelleK

Re: Recommendation for 17" Glossy Roll like Epson's 16" roll?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:59:27 am »

We had good results printing on the 16" roll of Epson Glossy 100' around $60.

We'd really like to find an equivalent paper (quality and cost) but in a 17" roll.

Anny suggestions?

Also, can anyone recommend a heavy double sided glossy paper in sheets? Currently I print 2 8.5x11s  as gallery post cards. Glue a second print to the back and cut out cards. I'd love to be able to run say 10 sheets, flip them over print the back side then just trim them. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Max

Try Red River Paper. They have two double-sided glossy papers in sheets.  This one is 320 gsm.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/browse/86lb-pecos-river-gloss-duo.html

R

Some Guy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 10:28:34 am »

Might look at Inkpress as well since the sell an adhesive backed paper that you might use too.  They also will do custom cut sizes.  They sell some Duo (prinatabel in both sides) papers as well.  Their heavy Pro Glossy is 330 gsm.

They have a Metallic Satin that I haven't seen anyone selling yet as it has an actual "satin" texture to the surface and not a glossy like the others or pearl which looks glossy to me.

SG

hugowolf

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 11:13:27 am »

It would definately be worthwhile trying smaples first. The problem with using C2S paper is avoiding roller marks on the first side when printing on the second. It is especially a problem with glossy surfaces on sheet feed printers. Not so much so with vucuum feed on roll printers.

Brian A

2jbourret

• http://jamesbourret.photoshelter.com
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 07:49:50 pm »

Breathing Color makes a very good baryta luster paper that they supply on 17" rolls. I'm very happy with it.
Jamie Bourret
[url=http://jamesbourret.p
Pages: [1]   Go Up