Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo to movie not so hot for production  (Read 2255 times)

bigtraveller

photo to movie not so hot for production
« on: September 22, 2005, 06:21:38 pm »

I read Michael's  comments on phototomovie software.

The big bugbear with this is file size. A 13 sec movie taking 100's of mb. I use LiveSlideshow 3.0 and a quicktime movie I produced with it was 87MB. 1024 x768 pixels with 300+ images with music from start to finish and a run time of about 15 MINUTES. I used a cross fade effect between each image.

I tried phototomovie and the movie for 3 images (1000 x800pixels) ended up with a 67mb file. The export took 3 minutes.

I want to make presentations I can burn to VCD. I shudder to think what a 300+ image movie from phototomovie would be in filesize.

I don't understand what way the program works that creates such HUGE files compared to liveslideshow.

The sole attraction of phototomovie is that it has the ken burns effect and I wonder if that is the reason for the very large files! I tried a movie with no motion effect but it was still a huge file size.

Any suggestions welcome but I have tried other programs eg fotomagico and it crashed on export!

Which there other programs which would give the controls of phototomovie but not the huge file sizes?

Many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up