Poll

aperture won't import

I don't know what this means
- 0 (0%)
I have only one question
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aperture won't import  (Read 3170 times)

bluekorn

aperture won't import
« on: July 03, 2014, 07:07:44 pm »

The images are on the card and they show up just fine on the aperture import page but as soon as I click on import the page goes black and the images are not transferred. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

bluekorn

Re: aperture won't import
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 07:29:02 pm »

I should add: The same camera (XE-2), the same card, the same card reader and the same aperature program worked yesterday.

trichardlin

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 01:56:40 am »

Have you tried 1) restarting the computer, 2) deleting Aperture and re-install?

bluekorn

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 02:04:55 pm »

I have tried re-starting Aperture but I wouldn't have a clue how to delete it and re-install it and not lose all of my pics. This happened once before, a month or so ago and I simply selected all and dragged them into a new project but that isn't working now either.

trichardlin

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 03:18:57 pm »

If you are running the current version of OS X, simply go to your Applications folder, drag the Aperture app to the trash can.   Then go to the AppStore, re-download Aperture.

Before you delete Aperture, make sure you can re-download it without paying again.  To do that, go to the AppStore, find Aperture and make sure the label/button under Aperture says Install rather than showing the price.

bluekorn

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 12:25:27 pm »

Trichardlin, I thank you for your input, which I'm sure would have been helpful to a savvy user.

I finally took my iMac to Best Buy for their "experts" to have a look and after half an hour of research and investigation they too surmised that my best alternative was to delete Aperture and re-install it. Luckily, before I undertook this task, a neighbor kid, 14y/o, heard me complaining to his Father about my love/hate relationship to computers and offered, "your hard drive is probably full." End of story.

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 08:00:03 pm »

Have you tried 1) restarting the computer, 2) deleting Aperture and re-install?

The number of times I have solved a problem with OS X by deleting a program is zero.  It may be necessary, but it is should be way down the list of trouble-shooting steps.

Moreover, Mavericks makes is extra-hard to fully delete a program.  It is no longer as easy as simply deleting the .app file from the Applications folder.

Restart?  Absolutely.
Re-install?  Only when other trouble-shooting indicates this as a possible solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up