Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo Actus prototype - first hands-on look  (Read 25814 times)

Theodoros

Re: Cambo Actus prototype - first hands-on look
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 11:18:57 am »

I agree - they're great lenses. If more would have been sold, the decision might be easier. I think it is excusable if a manufacturer wishes to keep costs under control and create a profitable product. That does not always coincide with what users feel is the best possible product for their needs. Nonetheless, Theodoros, by raising your voice, you may bring it more forcefully to their attention and change their perspective.  :)

We shall see!

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

If raising the voice will be accompanied by others it will be even better!  ;D How much another adopter may cost them? ...it's among the easier ones to make!  :o MAKE A SCHNEIDER for ROLLEI SL-66 ADAPTER you... B@@@@ds!!! (was that loud enough?)  ;D ...i'll buy one on the spot (with Sony A7 body) if you do! (does this helps further?)  >:(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:23:48 am by Theodoros »

MrSmith

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 11:23:34 am »

never seen a Rollei camera used professionally over 20 years in the business, not saying they are not used but don’t seem to be very popular (here in the u.k.) and never seen any rental stock or any for sale at pro-dealers. i guess it makes sense to go with what the majority of potential customers will want to use.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 11:31:03 am »

never seen a Rollei camera used professionally over 20 years in the business, not saying they are not used but don’t seem to be very popular (here in the u.k.) and never seen any rental stock or any for sale at pro-dealers. i guess it makes sense to go with what the majority of potential customers will want to use.

It's a consideration - I mean, Cambo is not plotting to exclude certain lenses, they are only open to the possibility of the effort and expense at adding various lensboards for lenses that may not produce as much demand as others. Seems practical. I do agree it's a shame that Rollei lenses have not been featured more prominently in the manufacturing landscape. Sometimes a small segment produces a very loud noise (as we've seen), but very quiet actual sales numbers. The volume of the requests does not factor as large as the actual number of them.  ;)

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:44:43 am by Steve Hendrix »
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Theodoros

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 11:38:33 am »

The "potential customers" better realise first what will maximise their "potential" use... It's the result that makes a thrill out of a camera not the "average knowledge" of those who call themselves "photographers"... This camera with Sony A7 mounted on it and Schneider lenses aimed for the SL-66 will challenge at 90% the result of a  P3 with MFDB on it... Can you understand why? "...because I won't bother to explain it to you" is the only answer I can give you.. (technically).  I just wish Sony will bring up a software upgrade that will crop the sensor at 32/24 4:3 ratio... so that one gets in LV the full image he aims for (instead of taping his monitor)... You still are free to buy whatever adapters you think are best for you... all the rest!  ;)  :-*

MrSmith

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 11:48:00 am »

" Can you understand why? "...because I won't bother to explain it to you"”

you mean i have to guess? they are good lenses with high enough resolving power.  just like lots of other lenses that are likely to be in photographers bags/store cupboard.
you dont need to be a genius to work that out, just a photographer with “average knowledge" ::)

Theodoros

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 11:58:34 am »

" Can you understand why? "...because I won't bother to explain it to you"”

you mean i have to guess? they are good lenses with high enough resolving power.  just like lots of other lenses that are likely to be in photographers bags/store cupboard.
you dont need to be a genius to work that out, just a photographer with “average knowledge" ::)

I just didn't like your attitude where you attempted to turn this into a "democracy" issue ("whatever the majority (states that) wants")... when most people that are posting here... 1. Are not buying the product 2. Don't know why the Schneiders of the SL-66 would be the optimum choice for it... Yet, you had a "democratical" ...opinion! ...I suggest to express your opinion as personal and let those that know different ...their right to know better than you!

MrSmith

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2014, 12:09:59 pm »

my opinion was just based on economics. i.e. the amount of lenses out there new and used/out of production that would be suitable for the camera and why there are certain mounts available at launch and not others. while I (and you) do not work for cambo Steve suggested:
 "It's a consideration - I mean, Cambo is not plotting to exclude certain lenses, they are only open to the possibility of the effort and expense at adding various lensboards for lenses that may not produce as much demand as others"

perhaps you thought my observation about rollie cameras and the amount of lenses in use/available as some kind of personal slight on your choice of camera?
i attach no emotional sentiment to my own camera choice so see no need to attack people i have never met by criticising their choice of equipment, i also try to ignore reactionary emotional outbursts from fanboys.

FWIW i have started buying lenses for my impending actus purchase. my opinion is not some kind of de-facto absolute, this is after all a forum for discussion
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:12:19 pm by MrSmith »

Theodoros

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:16 pm »

my opinion was just based on economics. i.e. the amount of lenses out there new and used/out of production that would be suitable for the camera and why there are certain mounts available at launch and not others. while I (and you) do not work for cambo Steve suggested:
 "It's a consideration - I mean, Cambo is not plotting to exclude certain lenses, they are only open to the possibility of the effort and expense at adding various lensboards for lenses that may not produce as much demand as others"

perhaps you thought my observation about rollie cameras and the amount of lenses in use/available as some kind of personal slight on your choice of camera?
i attach no emotional sentiment to my own camera choice so see no need to attack people i have never met by criticising their choice of equipment, i also try to ignore reactionary emotional outbursts from fanboys.

FWIW i have started buying lenses for my impending actus purchase.
Opinion "on economics" can only be applied on products for the mass market... Is there something you don't understand on this? ...are you buying the product or not? ...I've already stated that I am if they release the lens adapter that I want... Please don't reply back unless you answer if you are buying the product or where you (technically) oppose my decision of lenses for it... I don't want to turn this into one's "BS opinion of economics" personal argument... This is a product for photographers and is asking photographers to find the solutions around it... There is no "democracy" or "marketing economics" here... One, either knows what he is doing with it or not... Is there anything puzzling you on this ....common sense?  :P

MrSmith

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2014, 12:35:43 pm »

my last and final word on the subject:
i am buying the camera
i dont technically oppose your decision of lenses for it, i dont care what you use it makes no difference to me.
i hope your dreams come true and an SL66 mount is released as soon as possible so you can take some wonderful images with an actus camera that satisfy your needs.

Theodoros

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2014, 12:48:08 pm »

my last and final word on the subject:
i am buying the camera
i dont technically oppose your decision of lenses for it, i dont care what you use it makes no difference to me.
i hope your dreams come true and an SL66 mount is released as soon as possible so you can take some wonderful images with an actus camera that satisfy your needs.
Then why you proposed (!!!) not to make the adapter?  ???  :P Was it because it was different to your choice?  ;) ...In fact I don't understand at all why you replied on the matter... but I believe neither have you! :'(

JV

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »

I don't expect it to make huge inroads immediately but it is a start…:
http://rolleiflex.co.uk/blog/

wallpaperviking

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 12:32:21 am »

So I have been following this camera with interest and was initially put off as it seemed that Canon TS-E lenses were out.. 

I just saw this blog post which definitely seems to suggest otherwise.. 

http://cambouk.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/cambo-actus-canon-lens-control/

I would be happy with just a Canon Eos lens board and to use the preset aperture technique but this is obviously much better! :)

I assume that the Canon Eos lenses are able to focus to infinity? 

axelbadde

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2015, 10:07:48 am »

Wow,
i would really like to see this aperture control lensboard with a Hasselblad H mount.

/Axel

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2015, 12:01:34 pm »

For Canon glass, why wouldn't you just use an adapter?  Seems like way less headache.

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2015, 07:24:02 pm »

To obtain tilt/swing at the same time as well as shift/rise&fall.  Otherwise I'd agree Chris.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:27:29 pm by klane »

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2015, 07:41:07 pm »

For Canon glass, why wouldn't you just use an adapter?  Seems like way less headache.

Right - in the case of a 35mm TS Lens on a full frame 35mm sensor, perhaps not much additional benefit other than combined movements. A medium format TS lens, with its larger image circle, would offer more capability.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up