Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Street Pianst  (Read 681 times)

stamper

Street Pianst
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:54:21 am »

Playing outside of a museum in Glasgow.

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: Street Pianst
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:27:05 am »

Stamper

In your previous post at least two people mentioned that you seem to have hit a new level with your photography. Is that something you have noticed? Did you start doing things differently, or is just that your "10 000 hours" have been served?  ???

Oh yes...another good one!

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

stamper

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 08:49:31 am »

I have just got lucky? Often after going on a photographic trip I end up with little or no worthwhile captures. Then again I might have some hidden gems that others might like that I consider average so I don't post them. I might have gotten better but I am not sure. At the end of the day it is all about finding interesting subjects that can be hopefully captured differently from what others can do then posting them and hoping someone else will like them? Thanks for the feedback.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:40:30 am »

You've gotten "lucky" a lot lately, Stamper.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 10:48:13 am »

It all comes down to HCB's dictum: "Photographing is nothing. Looking is everything." To that I'd add Winogrand's observation: "Photography is not about the thing photographed. It is about how that thing looks photographed." You have two things going for you, Stamper: you're looking, and you understand how that thing will look as a photograph." When you join those two things in a photographer, you end up with a mature photographer. You're on a roll. Keep rolling. As far as luck is concerned, as HCB pointed out, "It's always luck. You just have to be receptive; that's all." Any time you walk down a street you're liable to have luck, but for the luck to matter you have to have a camera in your hand and be looking. You're doing that.

My only criticism is that I wonder if you're clipping the blacks a bit much.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:51:12 am by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

seamus finn

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:14 am »

Still rollin'. I think Russ is right about the blacks.Otherwise excellent.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 01:59:27 am »

It all comes down to HCB's dictum: "Photographing is nothing. Looking is everything." To that I'd add Winogrand's observation: "Photography is not about the thing photographed. It is about how that thing looks photographed." You have two things going for you, Stamper: you're looking, and you understand how that thing will look as a photograph." When you join those two things in a photographer, you end up with a mature photographer. You're on a roll. Keep rolling. As far as luck is concerned, as HCB pointed out, "It's always luck. You just have to be receptive; that's all." Any time you walk down a street you're liable to have luck, but for the luck to matter you have to have a camera in your hand and be looking. You're doing that.

My only criticism is that I wonder if you're clipping the blacks a bit much.
+1. Or +2 even.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

stamper

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 03:23:14 am »

Regarding the blacks, it is fair comment. I like slightly clipped blacks. In LR 5 I see the blue overlay and leave them with a little showing. A matter of taste? :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up