Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amélie  (Read 882 times)

yannb

Amélie
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:48:27 pm »

Hello,

Attached is a picture I took a while ago. It features my daughter (and my wife's shoes). What do you guys think?

Regards,
Yann

mal mcilwraith

• malmac photography
Re: Amélie
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 04:39:53 pm »

Yann

I am not sure what this image is about, is it a father taking a photograph of someone who is very precious to him and the wife's foot just slipped in by coincidence - and that random act is what makes the image enigmatical?

Perhaps it would improve the image to photoshop out the distraction in the top left of image.

I do like the fact that your daughter's leg creates a V that points back into the image and I do like her eyeline straight to the viewer.

Not sure these comments are useful, but you get that I suppose.

Mal
Australia

yannb

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:44:08 pm »

Hi Mal,

Thanks for your reply. I'll darken the left corner a bit and see if that improves the image.

Background information: my family and I were about to go out for a walk, but my daughter wasn't so keen to go out. My wife got a bit impatient, hence the position of the foot. My camera hung around my neck, and I noticed the somewhat strange way she was in the seat. Click.

Regards,
Yann

mal mcilwraith

• malmac photography
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:27:29 pm »

Yann

Thanks for the extra background - the walking foot of your wife now makes more sense - maybe the title for the image might give the viewer the key to better appreciate your image.

Mal
Pages: [1]   Go Up