Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My trouble with lense profiles (MAC)  (Read 1089 times)

laughingbear

My trouble with lense profiles (MAC)
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:44:02 am »

I am trying to get a lense profile for the Sony 70-400 to work withint LR 5.5 on Mac, Mavericks.

I downloaded a profile and dropped the LCP into MacintoshHD/user/library/Application support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Lenseprofiles/1.0

Except a file names pschache.dat The folder was empty btw.

Restarted lightroom and tried to call this new profile, but whatever I choose, LR does not give me a chance to select this profiles, but chooses DT 18-200mm instead.

The profile is for the A99 SLT and Version 2 of the 70-400mm, my camera is the alpha 900 and I have version 1 of this lens, might this be the culprit? Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
G

kirkt

Re: My trouble with lense profiles (MAC)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 09:10:24 am »

Assuming the profile IS appropriate for your camera+lens combination...

Make a duplicate of two lens profiles:

1) a profile from a lens + the camera that you are using that works properly
2) the lens profile that you downloaded.

You are making copies so that you can take a look at them without risking the originals.  These files are viewable in a text editor.  Open the two, side-by-side, to see what each contains.  There is likely a camera model identifier or some similar term that LR/ACR expects to group the profile into a specific, appropriate category.  If the profile you downloaded does not have this identifier correct (i.e., identical to a profile that works) then replace the identifier with the known good one (copy and paste from the good profile).

Save and put this edited profile in the path you pasted above, restart LR/ACR and see if the profile shows up.  I have had this issue with camera DCP profiles not having the correct camera identifier (the one LR/ACR expects) and this approach solved the issue.

kirk
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:13:13 am by kirkt »

laughingbear

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 04:44:15 am »

Just a late Thank You!

That solved it!

kirkt

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:07:14 pm »

Nice!  You're welcome.

Kirk
Pages: [1]   Go Up