Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adaper for H mount back to Mamiya RZ67 (IID) ?  (Read 5982 times)

hlue

Adaper for H mount back to Mamiya RZ67 (IID) ?
« on: June 30, 2014, 08:04:20 pm »

i posted this in WTB aswell but also with a side questions.

besides a link on B&H for a "mamiya interface" for rz67 to mount H-mount backs, wich is totally overpriced piece of metal, can someone tell me if these are available elsswhere or if there are more reasonable priced alternatives?

Thanks

marcel b

• http://www.marcelbillaudet.com
Re: Adaper for H mount back to Mamiya RZ67 (IID) ?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:11:28 am »

If you look for a leaf adapter  and you don't need a wakeup cable for p1 - I got one for sale, including sync cable, shutter release cable and a screen for aptus 7 type sensors (located in austria)
billaudet photography
http://www.marcelbillaudet.com

hlue

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 07:18:12 am »

great!

its the leaf 518-02181A?

yes i need that one. I am just not sure about the wakeup cable stuff sadly.

i am from germany so lets continue pm/mail

bpepz

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 10:30:16 am »

i posted this in WTB aswell but also with a side questions.

besides a link on B&H for a "mamiya interface" for rz67 to mount H-mount backs, wich is totally overpriced piece of metal, can someone tell me if these are available elsswhere or if there are more reasonable priced alternatives?

Thanks

What type of back are you planning on using it with? If its one of the H3D series back there are some very special problems that, as far as I know, I am one of the few people to have designed a working system for.

hlue

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 10:59:14 am »

no its a phase one p25 in H mount

i am just hoping that i am correctly informed in needing only the lens sync to back cable for my RZ67 PRO IID and no further wakeup call cables
you happen to have a 100% answer?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 11:36:57 am »

no its a phase one p25 in H mount

i am just hoping that i am correctly informed in needing only the lens sync to back cable for my RZ67 PRO IID and no further wakeup call cables

This is not correct.

P25H on an RZ (any kind) with an H adapter plate (any kind) requires a wakeup separate from the sync to the back.

Here is some additional information: http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1123&languageid=1

For clarity make sure you note that the article references the "Hasselblad V" mount. It does not directly address a Hassy H mount but I can tell you (definitively) that the H mount adapters do not provide the wakeup signal, and therefore you either need a back which can work without wakeup (e.g. Leaf or Phase Dalsa) OR a separate wakeup cable which you trigger before capture. Or you'll need to take every shot twice (so that the first shot triggers the wakeup and the second actually makes a capture).

The most seamless combination is an RZ Pro IID with an M mount back. In this configuration you do not need any cables, wakeup is provided by the adapter plate, and the back can also work natively on any Phase One DF/DF+ body. I suggest you work with a knowledgable dealer than can help you figure out the appropriate path for you. Unless you want to have a wakeup cable which you must trigger before triggering the RZ then this path will not work well for you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:41:51 am by Doug Peterson »

hlue

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 11:41:35 am »

is this the wakeup cable?

also how do they work exactly? automatically synchron to releaseing the shutter?

Doug Peterson

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:44:32 am »

is this the wakeup cable?

also how do they work exactly? automatically synchron to releaseing the shutter?

No that is not the wakeup cable.

The wakeup cable (50300131) can be found on our Phase One accessory cable online store page. You'd also need cable 50300144 to connect the wakeup cable to your H mount back. That will connect the lens shutter sync port to the Multiport on your digital back.

You push the button on cable 50300131 and then, within 5 seconds, push the shutter release on the RZ.

Perfectly acceptable (though mildly annoying) for tripod based still life or table top or landscape. Not really practical for most other kinds of shooting.

You can get both of these cables from your local Phase One dealer.

hlue

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 11:50:05 am »

depressing  :(

thanks Doug!

hlue

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 01:47:58 pm »

if i am not mistaken with the Kapture Group One Shot cable, the RZ can only be released through the traditional like release cable not anymore through the RZ button wich would be the case with the other cables.

is this a comfortable way? i am usually not a fan of cable releases, also i will use the RZ sometimes handheld.

lance_schad

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 03:20:07 pm »

Also that adapter is made for the Leaf 'H' mount.
I have tried it with limited success with the P series and no luck with the IQ H mounts.
It does not secure the digital back securely.
I would stay away from this solution.

Lance
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

Doug Peterson

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 03:42:24 pm »

if i am not mistaken with the Kapture Group One Shot cable, the RZ can only be released through the traditional like release cable not anymore through the RZ button wich would be the case with the other cables.

The KG One Shot Cable can only be triggered using it's included traditional-style cable release. If you plan to shoot handheld I do not think you'll be happy.

RicAgu

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 11:47:05 pm »

Doug and Lance pretty much nailed it.

I had a custom grip made by sk grimes that ran the Kapture group one shot cable through the grip.  Essentially it was just like the Mamiya L-Grip but modified for the one shot cable. Not the easiest and you had to fire slowly to make sure everything worked.  If you fired too fast, the back wouldn't wake up in time to capture the shot.

Overall a pain in the butt.  Not the equivalent of shooting with a 4x5 or 8x10... but difficult none the less.

good luck with it.  I would sell all your Phase backs and try and get into a leaf 75S that does not require a wake up cable and now works flawlessly with Capture One.  I am sure Doug and Lance can help you out with that.  No better people in the business to sell, service and support your MFDB needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up