Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunset Broome, Australia  (Read 4407 times)

Pete Berry

Re: Sunset Broome, Australia
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 09:01:16 pm »

Hey Wayne,  You are absolutely right.  We are trying to to do something about the small images on the site.  In the meantime CLICK HERE to see a larger version.  I have made this image 36 inches in width and flush mounted on aluminum with a  high-gloss finish.  It just pops. I put it up in the gallery and the next day it was sold.  There are people here in the US that don't find this image boring.

Kevin Raber

Lovely! What seemed just a dark blob in the chicklet now is a much lighter, interesting limestone feature. Tiny images have been a gripe of mine also, and I've enjoyed the occasional links to larger ones. Any chance of a sizable one of "Heavy Metal" to see what it really looks like - and perhaps clear the air a bit?

Pete

Pete Berry

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »

Lovely! What seemed just a dark blob in the chicklet now is a much lighter, interesting limestone feature. Tiny images have been a gripe of mine also, and I've enjoyed the occasional links to larger ones. Any chance of a sizable one of "Heavy Metal" to see what it really looks like - and perhaps clear the air a bit?

Pete

Whoa!! My wish fulfilled instantly as I ran across Kevin's answer to Dreed's "click-through" question, with a link to his blog:  http://kevinraber.com/

Here I find a nice image of "Heavy Metal", that expands to a width of about 30" - and, what, 45" height! A very impressive image, reminiscent of the Deco era photographs and stylized paintings with their massive cylindrical forms, heroic men and women. I grew up with this aesthetic, as my mother was an artist and designer in NYC in the early to mid 30's - thanks to Roosevelt's WPA which put so many artists, photographers, writers, musicians, architects, engineers to work, along with the builders, to create so much that we can still enjoy today.

To my admittedly old eyes and a well-calibrated monitor for printing, Kevin,s image is not at all "overprocessed", but captures to power and texture of the simple forms, and their fasteners, as well as their slow degradation over time.

Pete

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:19:20 pm by Pete Berry »

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 10:30:11 pm »

OK, so from now on I will link to the images on my blog when I do a home page post.  You can click through a few times to see bigger sizes as stated above. Like I have been saying to see these images in print is a whole other experience.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up