Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Hasselbald 555 ELD (and the similar ones) release cord needed?  (Read 2071 times)

hlue

Hello everyone.

i am wondering, if i went 555 ELD instead of 503cw with winder to use with film and digital back (leaf aptus or phase 25), can i shoot the camera the traditional way with a knob while there is only need for one cable (lens to digiback) or is a cable release a must with this Hassy type?

thanks!

still not sure if p25+ or leaf 22mp is better, but since i am going for a as much film like as possible look i suppose i prefer the kodak sensor!?

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

With the 555ELD you need a sync chord to the back. It has two release buttons, the top one allows for long wake up.

I always use the 555ELD with cable release, but I am pretty sure it works with a conventional release at the top position,

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

hlue

can you explain that wakeup stuff to me? have read about it but am not sure how to imagine it exactly.

1)so the synch chord (should be the same i use for my leaf aptus on my rz67 iid) should not go from the zeiss lens to back but in the EL/D series from the front of the motor winder to back?

2) since you own that body, is it comfortable to use it handheld aswell? i want a smaller body than the rz67 so that would be a factor for ELD vs CW

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

On the 555ELD the sync cord goes to the back. No wakeup cable is needed. Just a cable from the lens to back. No motor drive cable is needed either.

You can use both short and long wakeup on the back. Other models need long short wakeup.

Best regards
Erik

My understanding is that the 555ELD has some electronics that integrate with the back, so the camera is only fired when the back is ready, allowing for long wakeup.

can you explain that wakeup stuff to me? have read about it but am not sure how to imagine it exactly.

1)so the synch chord (should be the same i use for my leaf aptus on my rz67 iid) should not go from the zeiss lens to back but in the EL/D series from the front of the motor winder to back?

2) since you own that body, is it comfortable to use it handheld aswell? i want a smaller body than the rz67 so that would be a factor for ELD vs CW
Erik Kaffehr

hlue

iam refering to leaf aptus / phase one tough. Do you refer to CFV?

Hank Keeton

• SeeingTao

On the ELD there are two locations on the lower-right-front (holding it in your hand for use...) for an activator "button," or cable. The button-or-cable activates the camera for both film and digital backs. You choose which location to insert the button-or-cable, for digital or film.  Always carry an extra button....and an extra cable!

The digital sync cord attached to the lens activates the digital back.

"Wake-up" needs vary, depending on the digital back. I shoot with an ELD+Leaf Aptus-65. No "wake-up" needed...except for the photographer! If I accidentally trip the shutter before the back is "awake," the exposure sequence is interrupted, and I just take another shot.

Although there are some electrical contact-points on the rear of the ELD body, I've not found they have any bearing on the operation of my back. I assume they function for other backs.

Enjoy!

....always seeking.....

SeeingTao.com

yaya

• http://yayapro.com

Aptus backs do not require any form of waking up. On the ELD you need one sync cable connected between the pc socket on the lens and the minijack port on the right hand side of the back. The back can be set to Hasselbad 555ELD or to Large Format. If you shoot tethered you need to set it in Leaf Capture/ Capture One.
The release button needs to be plugged into the top (DIG) port on the body. Als when tethered you can fire the camera from the software (which is what the contacts on the body are for).

Hope this helps

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

hlue

thanks everyone

does a phase p25/+ need any other cable?

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

I am pretty sure all P+ backs are quite similar.

Best regards
Erik

thanks everyone

does a phase p25/+ need any other cable?
Erik Kaffehr

atulshoots

for aptus back with 555eld , is it possible to use battery or firewire  in landscape position

yaya

• http://yayapro.com

for aptus back with 555eld , is it possible to use battery or firewire  in landscape position

Firewire - yes
Battery - you can use our FW-DC adapter with an external battery e.g. Quantum etc.

BR
Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

The P45+ I use can be mounted vertically on the 555ELD with battery in place.

Best regards
Erik

Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up