Poll

Would you like an option to have a bundle consiosting of CC2014, LR 5.x and Adobe Premiere

Yeppers, by all means!
- 5 (20%)
Nope, couldn't care less
- 11 (44%)
Depends entirely on the price
- 9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: July 13, 2014, 01:06:06 am

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Adobe Premiere into Photographers Bundle  (Read 3945 times)

laughingbear

Adding Adobe Premiere into Photographers Bundle
« on: June 29, 2014, 01:06:06 am »

Greetings,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I put it in here. With the convergence of video and photography, I was wondering about that question, whether it would be appreciated by users of CC to have a bundle offer that would include Adobe Premiere.

The bundle would then consist of Premiere Pro CC2014, LR 5.x and Photoshop CC2014   

Personally, I would like to see that.

Thanks
Georg R. Baumann
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 01:29:14 am by laughingbear »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Adding Adobe Premiere into Photographers Bundle
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 04:02:29 am »

Personally, I would like to see that.

Well, talk to Adobe...it would be them (Adobe) that offered this sort of offer.

laughingbear

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 05:26:05 am »

Well, talk to Adobe...it would be them (Adobe) that offered this sort of offer.

Hi Jeff,
thanks, would you have any suggestion what might be the best way to suggest that? I do not have any contacts to Adobe at all.

Best

chez

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 09:36:25 am »

Nope, don't shoot video so I would never use it and would not want to pay an extra cent for it.

ButchM

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 11:40:17 am »

It would seem Adobe is at least aware of and possibly considering such alternatives. In the most recent survey they requested I participate in (about 10 days ago) several of the first group of questions and choices for answers were concerning more options for packages and bundling.

They were also seeking input on topics about "freezing" or suspending a subscription for a period of time without penalty and shorter pre-pay subscription lengths (less than the standard one year deal) ... key items they probably should have thought of before they ventured forth into a CC only pathway so they could offer more options to suit the needs of a much wider user base.

Whether or not those options will ever make their way to the marketplace is another matter completely.

Steve House

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 11:44:26 am »

Especially if such a bundle also included Audition.  Sound is as important, if not more important, to video production as is images. While Premiere does have some sound editing capabilities, it is not a complete audio workstation.

Some Guy

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 12:00:57 pm »

I don't see a convergence of still and video.  Completely different genres.

They could do some special "video bundle" offering like Premier along with Audition and maybe AfterEffects too, much like Photoshop and Lightroom.

Maybe they already do, but video isn't my thing so I never looked.  ???

SG

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 12:01:31 pm »

In the most recent survey they requested I participate in........
Whether or not those options will ever make their way to the marketplace is another matter completely.
I wonder whether they're asking the right people ? Just asking existing subscribers seems a little like preaching to the converted.
It would make sense to ask those of us that aren't subscribing now what they would have to offer to get our money.

ButchM

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 12:10:06 pm »

I wonder whether they're asking the right people ? Just asking existing subscribers seems a little like preaching to the converted.
It would make sense to ask those of us that aren't subscribing now what they would have to offer to get our money.

Au contraire mon frère ... we should never assume some aspects about others ...

I am not now, nor have I ever been a CC subscriber ... though I have owned and used Adobe software since 1993 ... which is why I think they keep sending me the requests to participate in the surveys (it's been at least 6-7 times in the past year) ... they want me in the fold ... until they offer up an equitable exit strategy ... I'm not interested in signing up for CC whatsoever.

Some Guy

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 12:58:06 pm »

I cannot join the CC version as I cannot do month-to-month off my credit card due to ID theft issues.  Seems they send me a new card every 3-4 months now which has made auto-payment difficult and I was told to stop doing it.  I get these "This is xxx (bank/MC/Visa).  We are sending you a new credit card ending in xxxx as we have detected fraudulent activity on your account.  Please do not use your current card until the new one arrives in the mail in 7 to 10 days. (click)" phone calls.

Probably will only get worse too.

Now off to collect my $5 million in sundry payments today of the Nigerians.  (haha!).

SG

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 04:03:07 pm »

Only if it were a $14.99 price.  The $5/app is the perfect point for me value-wise.  I use Sony Vegas now, but it's not without it's limitations.  $5/mos would be enough for me to switch, but I have no burning desire to.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 04:22:50 pm »

Nope, don't shoot video so I would never use it and would not want to pay an extra cent for it.

+1

In a separate bundle, or at the same price, perhaps.

Jeremy

laughingbear

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 03:10:07 am »

Ok, mea culpa mea culpa, this might have been confusing due to my suggestion not precise enough.

I did not mean to suggest to get rid of the current bundle in favour of a new one, but to add another bundle option including Premiere.

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 03:44:01 am »

"Nope, don't shoot video so I would never use it and would not want to pay an extra cent for it."

The problem with bundles is that there's always going to be someone who's not completely satisfied. Even with the Design and Web Premium, there were always a few that most never used, but if you were among those who needed the weird stuff, then it was great. It's really no different than your cable TV. You're paying for all the channels you want but you also have to pay for a few you know you're never going to watch. That's life.

It would be nice if there was an intermediate type of bundle between just Ps and Lr and the whole kit and caboodle, but then pricing probably gets tricky.

I do agree that if you're going to include Premiere then you've got to add Audition in there too. I know there are a lot of photographers who hate the whole idea of video, but it's a whole new world out there and having pro tools at your fingertips opens a whole world that can be pretty awesome if you take the time to explore.

ButchM

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 09:56:34 am »

You're paying for all the channels you want but you also have to pay for a few you know you're never going to watch. That's life.

That may be the status quo ... but that is by no means what we, as consumers, must accept without question or without requesting providers/producers to modify the way their offerings are provided. All that is needed is a company that will offer something different.

In the past, before the age of the sale of music in digital downloads ... customers had to purchase the whole album or collection offered. Not just the one or few songs the customer really wanted. With the advent of the iTunes Store (and others) customers can now purchase a la carte resulting in drastically increased sales overall as compared to tape/album sales prior to the ability to pick and choose.

It doesn't hurt, nor is it out of the real of possibilities, to request Adobe offer packages that are tailored even more to fit customer's needs.

chez

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 02:54:17 pm »

I'm happy with the photographer's bundle with PS and LR. That is all I ever used and I would think the vast majority of photographers are served with this bundle.

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 04:07:42 am »

Typically with digital downloads of music you pay $.99 per song or approximately ten dollars per whole album. There are typically no or very minimal discounts for purchasing the entire record. There little or no financial incentive to buying the whole package. Comparing that to imaging software, it's a very different picture. You're getting a massive discount by subscribing to the entire master collection of Adobe apps. If you were to have ala carte pricing freely on every app, I can't see how they could price each individual app low enough to make sense from their perspective. You want seven apps at ten bucks per and you're already way over what the master collection is. It makes more sense to get a package that might have a few things you might never need but is still a great deal for the ones you do need. It does seem like Adobe could structure more package options, but maybe it doesn't really make much sense given what the current options are. For the people like Chez who only want to use one or two items, and those happen to be Lr and Ps, you have that. For the rest, it's not really that much more to get everything and have it available. The thing is, is that you can never say never. I see a lot of people saying they'd never use this or never use that, but once they have it available and try it, they don't want to go back. I can say that about Premiere, Audition, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and of course Photoshop, as well as a few others that escape me right. But then, I've always been about way more than just taking photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up