Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heavy Metal by Kevin Raber  (Read 8676 times)

Telecaster

Re: Heavy Metal by Kevin Raber
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2014, 05:25:25 PM »

I find many of the photos in Edward Burtynsky's book Water to be very beautiful even though some are, in a literal sense, documents of industrial pollution. And old buildings falling apart, rusting metal, crumbling pavement...love it.

-Dave-

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »

I do not assume later works are better than earlier works. A lot of the best architecture we have was prior to modern engineering.
TRANSLATION:A lot of the architecture I like was prior to modern engineering.
 :P

Many towns in Europe have houses that have stood for centuries. It is very unlikely a typical house engineered today will last more than 50 years.
I've lived in numerous old [European] houses and they may be still standing, but they certainly were not necessarily well built.
I currently live in a good solid Edwardian house and yet some of the brickwork at rear is simply dreadful and needed serious patching up when bath room was stripped back to the brick. Modern houses [in UK] certainly seem a lot better put together than many older ones, probably because building regs are more strict now.
Cowboy builders who do build crappy houses are certainly around, but are definitely not but a recent invention. Not to mention the large swathes of badly built buildings from ye good olde days that have been demolished because they were not fit for living in. Or need serious work doing to bring them up to decent [modern] conditions/standards.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography

Isaac

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2014, 03:27:50 PM »

I currently live in a good solid Edwardian house…

Please! The Coffee Corner.

jjj

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2014, 01:38:49 PM »

Please! The Coffee Corner.
Really? Are you the Forum Police now, deciding what gets posted in threads? Also you a bit late with your daft comment as mine was simply following on from someone else's previous digression, if it was even that.

Isaac

« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »

You're not responsible for "someone else's previous digression" just for your inconsiderate self-indulgence.

jjj

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2014, 05:31:25 PM »

Either you really do not understand how humans tend to converse Isaac or you are a complete numpty, who is simply doing his best to be rude and irritating.
Hard to tell which it is.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up