Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax 645Z Review  (Read 26671 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Pentax 645Z Review
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2014, 03:15:23 pm »

Are you suggesting that, a la Dawkins, we are just vehicles for the reproduction of selfish cameras?

Have you seen those extensible rods which girl tourists now carry around so they can take selfies with a background?

I suggest photographers were a biological antecedent of these metallic telescopic rods :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

LKaven

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »

I suggest photographers were a biological antecedent of these metallic telescopic rods :)

I always thought photographers acquired big cameras to compensate for their lack of telescoping rods.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2014, 03:50:08 pm »

I always thought photographers acquired big cameras to compensate for their lack of telescoping rods.

Apparently these novel helping hands are called selfie sticks :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

TDvN

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2016, 11:19:55 pm »

I had an opportunity a few days ago to witness my photographer friend  testing both Pentax 645Z and Leica S. Pentax with the tele 150mm and Leicas S with Macro 120mm f2.5, ha gave me couple of raw file to do the comparison and this is the result. Both shot at same EV, WB. The skin tone in Pentax looks flat and couldn't render red very well, not sure if this has anything to do with being CMOS sensor.

*I've posted this in another thread as well.

I know this is an old post, but I thought of adding by 2cents.

I have been shooting with the 645z for over a year now, and found that the image adjustment settings of the camera are actually captured and adjusted in the raw file. Thus comparing a raw picture from the 645z with another camera's raw does not tell you much. You will have to edit out the settings from the camera in an editor, such as PS Raw or LR, to be able to compare side by side with another camera.

Thus the pale skin color of the 645z shot on the right could be a setting on the 645z, which was included in the dng file. Of course a raw editor can change that.

Theuns

Correction: Apologies for my incorrect statement above, not all image adjustment settings are captured in the DNG file. I double checked and from what I could see it is only the WB & Tint that is written into the DNG file on the camera.

Also to be noted is that PS Raw editor defaults to the Adobe camera color profile, which makes colors very flat. If you switch to the "embedded" profile then the colors come back to life. I presume the "embedded" profile was written into the DNG by the camera.

Theuns

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 12:19:30 am by TDvN »
Have a fun filled day!
Theuns

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2016, 02:31:25 pm »

Hi,

This may be a perfectly good example of the benefits of spending 10 k$US on a better camera instead of spending 15 minutes on better profiles…

Best regards
Erik

I know this is an old post, but I thought of adding by 2cents.

I have been shooting with the 645z for over a year now, and found that the image adjustment settings of the camera are actually captured and adjusted in the raw file. Thus comparing a raw picture from the 645z with another camera's raw does not tell you much. You will have to edit out the settings from the camera in an editor, such as PS Raw or LR, to be able to compare side by side with another camera.

Thus the pale skin color of the 645z shot on the right could be a setting on the 645z, which was included in the dng file. Of course a raw editor can change that.

Theuns
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up