Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 9500 Mark II - problem with borderless printing  (Read 835 times)

The View

Canon 9500 Mark II - problem with borderless printing
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:59:14 pm »

I just printed a 17x11 borderless image on Baryta paper.

I printed another borderless image on 14.75x11 matte scored paper.

Now I cannot get the printer to do a borderless print again.

It shows borderless in the preview (except with some little lines on top), but the image comes out with borders. The image is shrunk from its 11 inch height to about 10.8 inches - which messes up the image quality.

The "position and size" menu shows top:0 and left: 0. , so it should print borderless, but it doesn't.

The print menu also always forgets settings. I put the paper size to 17x11, and when I come back, it's set to "other" again.

I print with Photoshop, setting "Photoshop manages color".

How can I get the printer to print borderless ?

PS: The presets also drive me nuts. I put in 17x11 for size and save it as a preset "17x11 Hahnemuehle", and as soon as it saves it snaps it to "tabloid".

Is the Photoshop Printing dialog so bad? Should I print with the Canon software?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:24:02 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Canon 9500 Mark II - problem with borderless printing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 11:57:45 am »

Yes Photoshop is that bad.
Lightroom has set the bar quite high when it comes to printing.

The View

Re: Canon 9500 Mark II - problem with borderless printing
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:32:36 pm »

Thanks, Dan.

This confirms the experience I had (a monkey must have designed this printing interface).

Would I get better results with the Canon printing software? (I don't have Lightroom, I'm on Capture One Pro 7)
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up