Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I musta screwed up  (Read 2335 times)

wmchauncey

I musta screwed up
« on: June 23, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »

I up graded my Photoshop CC/LR a couple days ago...it says my up-grades are up to date.
But, after looking at the tutorials...I'm not getting the up-grades in PS CC?LR.
It seems to be automatic...how may I have screwed up?
The things you do for yourself die with

wmchauncey

Re: I musta screwed up
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:36:50 pm »

FWIW...I clicked on "help" then checked for and installed upgrades.    ???

wmchauncey

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:51:10 pm »

Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.2.1 (14.2.1 20140207.r.570

I've watched some of the tutorials and the things that they refer to...I'm not getting them. Like...
http://www.photographybay.com/2014/0...ography+Bay%29

Tom Montgomery

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 07:49:09 pm »

Version 14.2.1 is "Photoshop CC", which is no longer the most recent. The latest version of Ps is (confusingly) called "Photoshop cc (2014)", which is version 15.0.0.  That may explain why you're not seeing what you expect..

wmchauncey

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 10:31:48 am »

I updated Photoshop CC to version 14.2.1 in the normal fashion. 
It shows as this:  Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.2.1 (14.2.1 20140207.r.570 2014/02/07:23:00:00) x64, when I click on system info.
I can't locate any of the updated features as shown in various tutorials...Anyone suggest a reason as to why this is happening?

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 10:47:24 am »

I updated Photoshop CC to version 14.2.1 in the normal fashion.  
It shows as this:  Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.2.1 (14.2.1 20140207.r.570 2014/02/07:23:00:00) x64, when I click on system info.
I can't locate any of the updated features as shown in various tutorials...Anyone suggest a reason as to why this is happening?

Open the Adobe CC helper app. Look at the apps tab -- second from left. At the top, you'll see your installed Ps app. Look on down the list, and you'll see Ps CC (2014). If you don't see it, close all Adobe apps, sign out of CC, open the helper app again, and sign back in. Tell the helper app to install Ps CC (2014). Now you'll have both versions -- 14.xxx and 15.0 -- on your computer. You can run either one as the spirit moves you.

Jim
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:49:21 am by Jim Kasson »

wmchauncey

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »

FWIW...I contacted Adobe and gave them permission to access my desktop and fix whatever was wrong.
 I didn't follow everything that they did but...I think that they deleted my old PS CC and reinstalled everything from a Creative Cloud App, whatever that is??
 Still have no clue as to what went wrong from my perspective??     ???

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 11:45:02 pm »

FWIW...I contacted Adobe and gave them permission to access my desktop and fix whatever was wrong.
 I didn't follow everything that they did but...I think that they deleted my old PS CC and reinstalled everything from a Creative Cloud App, whatever that is??
 Still have no clue as to what went wrong from my perspective??     ???

Because the version of PS released 2 weeks ago is not an update to Photoshop CC. It is a "new" product. You can have both versions of PS installed on your system at the same time, but you cannot update from one to another. Why Adobe did it this way I can't say. They're not known for having sane software versioning stuff in general, or installers that aren't absolutely horrible.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 12:19:07 am »

It is a "new" product. You can have both versions of PS installed on your system at the same time, but you cannot update from one to another. Why Adobe did it this way I can't say.
Photoshop CC (2014) is an "upgrade" not an "update". The changes in CC (2014) go beyond the scope of application patching and required a whole new version (version 15) to be installed. Also, for certain backwards compatibility issues, Adobe almost encourages you to keep Photoshop CC in addition to installing Photoshop CC (2014).

I won't defend Adobe's decision to add a year to the CC as a way of distinguishing an upgrade vs an update and I don't think they've explained it all that well, but if you understands what's going on with installing a whole new app vs a simple update, what they did makes sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up