Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lee bellows hood with 24mm TSE  (Read 1228 times)

texshooter

Lee bellows hood with 24mm TSE
« on: June 20, 2014, 07:10:54 pm »

I'm thinking about getting this Lee wide angle bellows lens hood (along with their square filter foundation kit) to use on my Canon 24mm Tilt/shft lens. Does anyone use this hood with this lens? Any prolems with vignetting, etc?

http://www.adorama.com/LEWALH.html

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Lee bellows hood with 24mm TSE
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:16:43 pm »

I'm thinking about getting this Lee wide angle bellows lens hood (along with their square filter foundation kit) to use on my Canon 24mm Tilt/shft lens. Does anyone use this hood with this lens? Any prolems with vignetting, etc?

Hi,

I use the regular (non-WA) hood and regular adapter ring in combination with the TS-E 24mm II, no problems.

Cheers,
Bart

== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

texshooter

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 08:27:54 pm »

Hi,

I use the regular (non-WA) hood and regular adapter ring in combination with the TS-E 24mm II, no problems.

Even with maximum lens tilting/swinging?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:52:10 am »

Even with maximum lens tilting/swinging?

No, with Maximum shift I'd get shading on one side (the hood can then still be extended a lot on the other side), but I rarely use more than 6 or 7mm shift (which starts to show hood shading with wide open aperture) because image quality drops off too much for my taste (i.e. it becomes uneven across the image). For such extreme shifts I prefer to use stitching, since the camera will then always use the center of the image circle, and the pano software allows perfect keystone/perspective correction, and I can extend the hood quite a bit for maximum glare reduction.

So, if you must use maximum shift adjustments (with reduced resolution on one side), I'd suggest using the widest hood option available, or use the original hood (which doesn't do much, for a reason).

When I use the TS-E as a regular unshifted 24mm (although with tilt capability), I can also use a lenshood intended for a regular 24mm focal length. The one for the EF 24-70mm II has the right dimensions (I bought an EW-88C clone on eBay for a few dollars including airfreight, still saved me some US$ 40).

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:19:13 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up