Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I upgraded to LR 5.5 Still no Phase One P25 tether support?!  (Read 1553 times)

Phil Indeblanc

I have seen LR add tether support to many cameras over time, including 2 of the IQ series. But nothing for the older cameras?
I read a few developers that actually made plugins for specific cameras and they report that doing it was not as hard as they thought (http://www.mountainstorm.co.uk/?page_id=100)
That one is for the Mac and a Nikon.

Then for Windows there is this option...
http://www.diyphotobits.com/2008/05/23/free-tethered-shooting-script-for-nikon/

But no one has yet to write something for older Digibacks.

Maybe there already is a solution, but I have yet to come across it! Anyone?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: So I upgraded to LR 5.5 Still no Phase One P25 tether support?!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 12:36:55 pm »

Phil

Does C1 support tethering for the P25?  C1's tethering is excellent on the IQ backs.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »

Yes of course. I use it with some product images that I find C1 useful for. But in general it is a pain. Also I'm not sure if something changed but...
I know you have to move files within C1 for the dev info and all to transfer correctly and for C1 to know what happened...But since I haven't needed to do that all much, I don't see how I can drag and move files into another folder..hmmm

Thats the problem with software you don't live and breathe daily...you forget many of its abilities and how to do them :-)

Ya, ....So I need to have LR tether in order to....Not use C1(when I dont have to), As I would need to move the files after C1 capture, because C1 decides to make a mess of folders I have no use for...Then I need to properly manage the files and rank them and catalog them in LR, because it is my preferred cataloging software (wish C1 would have a stripped down version just to shoot into any folder without all the fuss and folders). Also I prefer to develop most general shoots and files in LR as I think the way it works is familiar and easy to use...depite the fact that I have used C1 for over 10 years! (I have had this conversation more than once before).

Just need a way to tether with LightRoom. Anyone...Please?!!!

fyi...I do appreciate you trying to be helpful Paul, thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:49:32 pm by Phil Indeblanc »

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:52:13 pm »

feel free to move thread to proper heading. :-)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:05:50 pm »

Phase One still supports the 6mp LightPhase from 1998, including in their latest version and on all recent/current operating systems. They support tethering for every digital back they have ever made.

LR does not support TETHERING to any Phase One digital back. Only raw file support.

To move a file in C1 just go to the library tab and reveal the folder, and drag and drop. No fanciness required.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:09:03 pm by Doug Peterson »

george2787

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 03:28:03 pm »

Tether with capture one and set a watched folder in lightroom to the capture folder of C1, I think you can even make lightroom to copy the files so you don't have to worry and when finished just delete the C1 folder.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 04:20:54 pm »

Hmmm, I like that ...Not exactly what I had in mind...but that does help. I forgot about the "watch folder" in Lr.

Doug, hope you're well!...I am in the folder tab and it doesn't allow me to select and drag to new folder. That is how I remember it too.  (I don't use catalog mode.).

I'll test it again later today.
And Of course C1 supports those cameras, or else it would be cutting off its own arms :-) Nothing else works with them as they were initially designed as the exclusive way they work.

As for LR supporting Phase files for tether, I thought I saw IQ180 or something being supported? Guess it was just the new Phase raw formats...oops.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 04:24:45 pm »

the work-arounds for some cameras have been written by private parties...no other solution written from users?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:42:47 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
Pages: [1]   Go Up