Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: small (tiny) fill flash for A7?  (Read 6982 times)

Herbc

small (tiny) fill flash for A7?
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:03:51 pm »

As I only have full frame cameras these days, my Sony A7 offers no easy fill flash option, lacking a built in flash.
What appears to be compatible are flashes that are probably more powerful than I need for things such as closeups of woodland items in shade, a very close headshot that is back lit, etc.  My D800E has a built in flash, but the camera is pretty heavy/bulky compared to the Sony.

Sony does offer a camera that fits the requirement, The RX1R $$$$, or the APS-C A6000, neither of which is attractive for this use.

Any help here??

rosswarner@rosswarner.com

Re: small (tiny) fill flash for A7?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:25:31 pm »

You want the Sony HVL-F20M flash, relatively inexpensive and small, does bounce but only in Landscape orientation.

-Ross

Vladimirovich

Re: small (tiny) fill flash for A7?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:27:44 pm »

As I only have full frame cameras these days, my Sony A7 offers no easy fill flash option, lacking a built in flash.
What appears to be compatible are flashes that are probably more powerful than I need for things such as closeups of woodland items in shade, a very close headshot that is back lit, etc.  My D800E has a built in flash, but the camera is pretty heavy/bulky compared to the Sony.

Sony does offer a camera that fits the requirement, The RX1R $$$$, or the APS-C A6000, neither of which is attractive for this use.

Any help here??

TTL = HVL-F20AM or Nissin i40
manual/auto = Sunpak PF20XD or there is a miriad of 3rd party small flashes that you can use in manual mode

from some forum (foto not mine) =

__OR__

just small LED light
Pages: [1]   Go Up