Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Room temperature & printer  (Read 1361 times)

marimagen

Room temperature & printer
« on: June 19, 2014, 05:38:28 am »

Hi, I live in Barcelona and the temperature in summer rarely goes over the 30 C limit, but it happens. I don't have air conditioning in my office. I intend to by a Pixma Pro 10 and its temp high range limit is 35 C degrees. What should I do on the odd days the heat goes over that threshold? Thanks for your anwer, Marie

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Room temperature & printer
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 08:17:33 am »

I believe that a printer's temperature limit is for when it's operating. If you don;t use the printer when the temp is high, I think you'll be OK.

marimagen

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 04:50:31 am »

Thanks, I was afraid that heat would make ink too "liquid" and that it would seep out of the cartridges when I'm not using it. I've had problems before when I lived in Mexico (I had en Epson 2200 at the time), but the temperature is much higher over there in the summer.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 06:22:12 am »

Humidity and temperature. Your inks or more the head nozzles + inks will have more issues with low humidity which does not have to be related to temperature. Here in The Netherlands the winter, heating and wind blowing from the east is causing a drop in humidity at lower temperatures, usually there is no problem here but that worries me more than high temperatures. In Barcelona it will be different. The temperature is no issue for inks or heads, the internal temperature of the Canon's (or HP's) thermal heads will exceed that anyway. I think it is wiser to continue to print any time you need prints, being idle is worse for a printer. Ink drying in on the nozzles is usually the result, low humdity (does that happen in Barcelona?) makes it worse, a bad seal at the capping station adding to that.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

marimagen

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:27:48 pm »

Low humidity is not really a problem in Barcelona, it's humid all year around, what with the sea and all. Thank you for your answer. I'll go ahead with my purchase then.

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 10:06:07 pm »

25 c and 45/50 humidity is what paper makers recommend for working environment. my studio is climate and humidity control to this condition and almost never have problem with clogging or banding with Epson 11880. high temperature might degrade paper coating witch is pure chemical. Canson and Hahnemuehle also recommend 22/30 degree and not more. less Temparature is better than high!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:45:22 pm by alifatemi »

marimagen

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 11:18:47 am »

I realize that a controlled environment would be the best solution in my case, except that it would be complicated to set up in this old building, and would cost a mint! Thanks for your input!
Pages: [1]   Go Up