Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Photoshop CC and Lightroom ???  (Read 4922 times)

tuthill

Re: New Photoshop CC and Lightroom ???
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 02:58:56 pm »

Interesting.  Now my Creative Cloud menu has decided that it doesn’t want to update Lightroom.  It is no longer listed as an update in waiting.  But Lightroom is still sure it wants to be updated.

Strange but true.  ;D

Try logging out and then back in to CC.  That worked for me.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 03:45:09 pm »

Sort of ...

What it seems to do is add an adjustment brush that matches the settings of the gradient, or reverses the adjustment of the gradient.  But it is not actually part of the gradient, and once you create it you can’t edit it independently ... there is only one brush and if you make a mistake, you’re best recourse is to clear the brush and start over. .  If you readjust the gradient, the brush changes are unaffected ... I guess that’s the most logical approach anyway.

Overall seems very useful ... but there will still be times when using a regular adjustment brush with matching or offsetting values will allow more control.

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 04:33:55 pm »

Try logging out and then back in to CC.  That worked for me.

Nah; it's still convinced that it doesn't want to update Lightroom.  A non-issue really since you can update from the application itself.  It just appeals to my anarchic and peverted sense of humour.

;)

Rand47

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 10:05:04 pm »

One photographers buzz is another's blues. There are a few really nice features IMHO, free or otherwise. Additions to ACR and control over gradients, and a new out of focus selection tool come to mind.

Andrew,

I agree re the control over gradients!  I've been anxious to have that.  I'll love it even more when it arrives in LR!

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

TipSquirrel

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 04:29:31 am »

I put an extensive list of new Photoshop CC 2014 features here: http://www.tipsquirrel.com/photoshop-2014-new-features-favourites/

There's a video of my favs but below that is a direct lift from the Adobe pre release site.

You have two versions of Photoshop now, a CC and a CC2014, there are some bits missing in 2014 that used the Flash framework (e.g. Oilpaint Filter). This is a new build not an update.

If you can't see the Focus Select it may be that you're using the Photoshop CC rather than Photoshop CC 2014

Hope this helps :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up