Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Photoshop CC (2014)"  (Read 25109 times)

Lupin

Re: "Photoshop CC (2014)"
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2014, 10:57:06 am »

Works on this end after restarting. But to be clear, what changes is the font size in the Option's bar using Text Tool.

I don't mean the Text Tool, I mean the size of the font used for the user interface itself - e.g. the menus (File, Edit, Image, Layer, etc.). In Edit>Preferences>Interface, there's a dropdown in the Text section called 'UI Font Size' which has 4 options. Changing this selection does nothing to the menus font - it stays really small regardless.  

Perhaps 'UI Font Size' isn't supposed to change the size of the menu font - but in that case why is CC so much bigger than CC 2014. Here's a screenshot for comparison - the real thing is a lot smaller than it looks here and I can't read the menus in CC 2014 without a huge effort.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=90916.0;attach=104788;image
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:50:00 am by Lupin »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2014, 11:55:38 am »

I don't mean the Text Tool, I mean the size of the font used for the user interface itself - e.g. the menus (File, Edit, Image, Layer, etc.). In Edit>Preferences>Interface, there's a dropdown in the Text section called 'UI Font Size' which has 4 options. Changing this selection does nothing to the menus font - it stays really small regardless.
On this end, Mac OS, none of the settings alters that UI size. I'm not sure it's supposed to. It does change the UI on the Options Bar for type.
The UI itself DID change between CC and CC2014. That's what I think you're noticing.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Lupin

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2014, 12:12:55 pm »

....The UI itself DID change between CC and CC2014. That's what I think you're noticing.

Yes, I think you're right. Why they had to change it is beyond me.

CC 2014 is useless as far as I'm concerned - I just can't read the menus or the panels.

Others are having the same problem. Someone here suggests using a lower monitor resolution but that's just crazy - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1373107.

walter.sk

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2014, 05:27:44 pm »

I've been using PSCC and LR5 on my subscription with no problem.  I upgraded to the latest stuff in PSCC and also LR5.5, running with no problems.  Today I downloaded and installed PS CC2014.  After opening it I got a message to sign in and then received a message saying PSCC2014 was registered to me and I could enjoy it, or something like that.  I was able to plug my plugins (NIK/Google, Focus Magic and Topaz) into the PlugIns folder, and used my filters OK. Two problems, however:

1) I set the prefs for Large Text, as have several above me in this thread, and ran into the same problem after closing and re-opening PS CC2014; the text is much smaller and on my NEC3090, I can't read it from where I sit.  That was not so with plain vanilla PS CC.

2) Also, on reopening PS CC2014 it said I was using the trial version.  I redid the registration and sign-in, and it again told me it was OK and to enjoy PS CC2014.  However, on closing and reopening again, the same process was required.  It feels like GroundHog Day.  Any thoughts?  (My subscription is paid up--it is deducted automatically.)

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2014, 05:47:41 pm »

2) Also, on reopening PS CC2014 it said I was using the trial version.  I redid the registration and sign-in, and it again told me it was OK and to enjoy PS CC2014.  However, on closing and reopening again, the same process was required.  It feels like GroundHog Day.  Any thoughts?  (My subscription is paid up--it is deducted automatically.)

I've had this problem before. I'm on Win 7. I fixed it by logging out of the CC helper app, quitting all CC apps (including the hidden ones like AdobeARM.exe), navigating to %LocalAppData%>Adobe> and renaming 'OOBE' to 'OOBE old'. You can find where %LocalAppData% by entering it in the search box that you get when you click on the Pearl.

Then I started the CC helper, signed in, and was off to the races.

If you're at all confused by any of the above, you might want Adobe support to talk you through it.

Jim

walter.sk

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2014, 07:25:09 pm »

If you're at all confused by any of the above, you might want Adobe support to talk you through it.
Jim
Thanks, Jim.  I went onto the Adobe website and had a "chat" with a tech, who had me sign out on the Adobe App manager and then sign in again.  When I reopened PS CC 2014, everything worked the way it was supposed to.

Lupin

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2014, 07:56:31 pm »

1) ....the text is much smaller and on my NEC3090, I can't read it from where I sit. 

Did you ask the online tech about this when you spoke to him?

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2014, 08:03:52 pm »

Thanks, Jim.  I went onto the Adobe website and had a "chat" with a tech, who had me sign out on the Adobe App manager and then sign in again.  When I reopened PS CC 2014, everything worked the way it was supposed to.

Good for you. Now I'm having a problem with Ps CC 2014. About one-third of the time, when I quit it, it appears to quit, but the process Photoshop.exe continues to run. That means I can't start Ps again until I open the Windows Task Mangler and kill the process. Works that way whether I start Ps or Lr does...

Jim

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2014, 07:12:05 am »

I could see a big reduction in support issues by having everyone on the same revision of software. The CC model basically guarantees this by continually upgrading each CC out there to the latest greatest. With perpetual models, there were many different releases of PS active at once, providing much more stress on support.

I run a product that has many different versions active and trying to provide support for all these different versions taxes out our customer support group.

I have never seen a product with so many installation and operational problems as PS CC. This is compounded by the fact the Adobe Support is often unable to diagnose and fix those problems. Software for masochists! High time to acknowledge the whole CC fiasco and save the day with a Classic PS7.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:28:00 am by LesPalenik »

walter.sk

« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2014, 05:39:33 pm »

Did you ask the online tech about this when you spoke to him?
(concerning the menu font size)

No.  The chat was in text rather than by phone, and I was just so happy to get the installation/registration problem cleared up that I neglected to ask about the other problem.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up