Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Place to buy Large (60 inch) Printer?  (Read 1230 times)

foto_man

Best Place to buy Large (60 inch) Printer?
« on: June 17, 2014, 04:03:59 pm »

Can anyone recommend a good retailer to purchase a large format printer?

I'm looking at the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400 or the HP z6200.

Who has the best price/warranty/customer service?

Any recommendations (and experience's with said retailers) are much appreciated.

Peter McLennan

Re: Best Place to buy Large (60 inch) Printer?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 05:13:43 pm »

Somewhere geographically close.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 05:48:09 pm »

Somewhere geographically close.

I am not sure this is important. As I understand it, these huge printers are kept in a central location from which they are shipped. Thus, a dealer in (say) New Jersey does not have a bunch of large format printers in the back room, but when you buy one he has the central location ship it to you. Also, the warranty is, as I understand it, always thru the manufacturer and not the dealer.

That being said, my one large format printer purchase was thru Shades of Paper and I was very pleased with the price and service.

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 06:06:26 pm »

very happy with itsupplies.com

Some Guy

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:12:29 pm »

Why not look in your local phone book under business machines > Canon?  I've got two Canon copy machine outfits locally and they also sell the Canon ipf series printers and service them too.  One told me to always check back with them on prices as Canon offers many sales discounts/rebates over the year.  Often they will match or beat a web price too if the sales are current.  Interestingly enough, one of the outfits attended some Canon meeting and told me that Canon Corporate wasn't at all concerned about Epson.  They were after HP, mostly for the architectural/graphics printing area which seems to be HP's biggest sales point.  HP seems to be Canon's rivalry, not Epson.

Besides, you'll probably deal with the local Canon joints service dept. sooner or later too.  If you didn't buy it from them, might take them longer until they get around to you too (Similar to what some car maker's dealer I know that pulled that on a warranty claim: "Buy from us, or else!").

SG

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:36:57 pm »

I am not sure this is important.

Nothing to do with shipping costs and everything to do with service.

johnATshadesofpaper

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 11:49:07 am »

All service from Epson or Canon(when under warranty) is handled by their repair companies. In Epson's case it is Decision One and Canon uses Pitney Bowes. I dont believe they will send out a repair guy from a local canon dealer. Most dealers on these units are not stocking them in their warehouse and are rather drop shipping the units out of a local distribution center.
John Ferriola
856-787-9200
www.shadesofpaper.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up