Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Start over!  (Read 11980 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Start over!
« on: September 17, 2005, 07:04:59 pm »

Unfortunately it looks like all the topics and posts in this forum were lost.
(but MF does have a future and a good one I believe. See LLVJ-13)

Post on!

Chris S

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Start over!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 07:54:09 pm »

I didn't think that the temporary absence of this forum indicated anything other than its loss in the crash. I'm glad that is indeed the case.

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Start over!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 08:05:36 pm »

Unfortunately it looks like all the topics and posts in this forum were lost.
(but MF does have a future and a good one I believe. See LLVJ-13)

Post on!

Chris S
Don't you folks have any backup tapes?
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Start over!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 12:16:08 pm »

Bob, I will have to let Michael see if he can get the server company to resurrect from back-ups. He does not return until later this week and I am certain wll be snowed under for a few days.

It certainly would be good to get some of the various forums' history back online but undersatnd that the server is out of California and we (as you know) are in Toronto. Michael is the only person having direct contact with the server's admin.

Chris S

jhp

Start over!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 12:17:18 am »

Just looking around the site now on my second day since registering.  MF and 4x5 have been my right arm for a long time now.  Now with digital and my stubborn move in the pixel direction I was disappointed to find the MF forum had crashed.  Like so many others I will be waiting keenly to see if the server can recover the old material for all us newbies to enjoy.

Start over!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 07:31:37 am »

I'm afraid that the MF section, among others, is lost forever.

The main site is backed up regularly, but not the Forum hasn't been backed up for very long time. My fault.

Michael

Ed Jack

Start over!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 05:37:42 am »

I'm afraid that the MF section, among others, is lost forever.

The main site is backed up regularly, but not the Forum hasn't been backed up for very long time. My fault.

Michael
Its a shame... the mishap on this particular section of the forum, has co-incided with an increase in trafic on the MF section of Rob-galbriath's site. I used to find that both sites were usefull in different ways... perhaps more of a select audience over here, with Rob's site suffering from a few very techinical threads that were of less general appeal.

Anyway, far be it for me to judge these excellent sites, I just want to say that I hope this part of the forum picks up again and the good humoured banter that is also highly informative with some of the best practicioners in the world can contiune with  the  pre-crash vigour.

Maybe an "in the field" look at the Aptus 22 that I think might be done by michael will spark some controversy (I mean debate :-)

regards

Edward Jack

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Start over!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 01:39:17 pm »

In the spirit of re-kindling the flame of debate and further to my cryptic 'See LLVJ-13' above, you may be interested in the predictions of Phase One's CEO Henrik Håkonsson that are contained in the 'teaser' QuickTime for LLVJ-13 that is found here.

Mr. Håkonsson throws doubt on the long-term survival of Mamiya and predicts that two MF body manufacturers will survive: Hasselblad and a 'continuation of the Contax concept'.

Chris S
Pages: [1]   Go Up