Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: opening old CRW files  (Read 4249 times)

zen shooter

opening old CRW files
« on: September 17, 2005, 09:48:30 am »

I just tried to open some older RAW files (CRW) shot with a Canon G2 about three years ago and cant open with PSCS2, ZoomBrowser, or DPP (all newest versions of software).

anyone know what's going on ? ... I've since sold the camera and software that came with it so reinstalling the older versions is not possibe.

thanks for any solutions.

bobrobert

opening old CRW files
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 04:28:10 am »

Breezebrowser or Bibble will open them There should be a trial version available

Graham Welland

opening old CRW files
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 06:34:17 am »

Now if that's not a good reason for adoption of DNG or a common raw format I don't know what is. This is only going to get worse over time as old raw formats slowly get left behind in the new software.
Graham

Mikael Almehag

opening old CRW files
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 05:38:06 am »

I just tried to open some older RAW files (CRW) shot with a Canon G2 about three years ago and cant open with PSCS2, ZoomBrowser, or DPP (all newest versions of software).

anyone know what's going on ? ... I've since sold the camera and software that came with it so reinstalling the older versions is not possibe.

thanks for any solutions.
Seriously?
Were you really not able to open the G2 files? ACR lists the G2 as supported for version v3.2 at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html and they don't drop support for older cameras.

andybla

opening old CRW files
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 11:53:27 am »

DPP will not open G2 files. Use Canon FVU. Make shure you have the drivres loaded for the G2. Adobe camera raw has no problems opening my G2 files.

Andy

pminicucci

opening old CRW files
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 04:39:18 pm »

Or, in line with Graham's note, convert the CRWs to the DNG format now.
Best,
Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up