Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLD Cambo Ultima 35 view camera for your Canon SLR (tilt shifts)  (Read 1794 times)

8x10 user

This is a great option for those who want the benefits of a view camera or tilt shift lens without the added cost of MFD or the sacrifice in flexibility when one upgrades from a SLR to MFD. With the ultima 35 option you can keep your current canon camera and lenses while giving you more options for the studio in a big professional looking package. There are many very nice digital lenses out there and because your SLR already has a shutter in it you can save a lot of $$ by purchasing lenses in a barrel mount. The view camera option allows one to do perspective control during capture as well as to optimize the plan of focus to allow for more control over depth of field.

http://www.cambo.com/html/downloads/linkedfiles/english/download/item9/ultima35-system.pdf

* Cambo Ultima 35 camera w/ copal 0 lens board $800
* Ultima 35 Bag Bellows for Canon cameras (ULBC-35) $225
* L-Bracket for Canon 1Ds (UL-720) $175

Package deal $1000 for the whole kit ($200 in savings)

Payments can be made via paypal, shipping will be $35 for domestic and $65 for international priority mail. I can also ship on your account.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:07:06 pm by 8x10 user »

8x10 user

Re: Cambo Ultima 35 view camera for your Canon SLR (tilt shifts)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 06:15:25 pm »

The system can be converted for us with medium format, MFD, LFD (betterlight), as well as 4x5 film.

http://www.cambo.com/html/products_photo/linkedfiles/english/download/item114/ultima45.pdf

8x10 user

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 03:14:37 pm »

A few pics...

Sorry for the low quality, my mac mini got destroyed by lightning so I cant use my Sinar back ATM. So I had to use my nikon with a very low quality wide angle lens... See all of the lateral chromatic aberration. This is what you wont have if you use high quality Schneider or Rodenstock digital lenses on your DSLR; something the cambo ultima D (digital) allows you to do.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:20:05 pm by 8x10 user »

8x10 user

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:19:34 pm »

another pic

8x10 user

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »

As you can see the camera is in excellent functional condition and great cosmetic condition with very minor paint wear at a few of edges. I know someone who will paint (re-anodize) the worn areas to look like new for a very low price. Then the whole camera would be in like new/refurbished condition.

8x10 user

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 09:09:29 pm »

The mount will work for pretty much all SLRS... Some of the newer ones are shorter, so if you want the tilts to remain centered, then you will need to use a battery grip. Or for $315, I found a place that that sells a universal mounting block for all Canon and Nikon cameras without batter grip. To use the camera with Nikon, one would also need a Nikon ended bellows or find some kind of adapter.

The camera can also be converted to medium format (ultima 23) or 4"x5" (ultima 45) by use of a format changing kit. I have located a demo 4x5 kit for $475.  

This kit includes a base rail extension, 4x5 carrier frame, 4x5 back, and 4x5 bellows.

8x10 user

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 03:02:50 pm »

bump

8x10 user

Re: SOLD Cambo Ultima 35 view camera for your Canon SLR (tilt shifts)
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 07:07:23 pm »

SOLD!
Pages: [1]   Go Up