Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring develop settings to another system  (Read 1210 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Transferring develop settings to another system
« on: June 11, 2014, 08:14:14 am »

While traveling I import photos into LR on my laptop, mostly to just view but sometimes I do some development. When I get home I again import the photos from the SD card to LR on my main computer. Is there a way to transfer develop settings for individual photos from the laptop to the main system?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Transferring develop settings to another system
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:23:08 am »

File > Export to Catalog will create a small catalogue with the selected files. Then on your main computer, use File > Import from Another Catalog to bring the work in your small catalogue into the main one. That's the standard way.

John

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:25:31 am by john beardsworth »

Steve House

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:04:08 pm »

Are you shooting jpg or raw?

If raw, if you save you edit on the first system as a sidecar XML file, you can imprt it into LR on your home system and imprt the develop settings into the catalog

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:40 pm »

The trouble with xmp is you lose a load of your Lightroom work. That's why I always recommend the proper way ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:49:10 pm by john beardsworth »

aduke

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 03:11:01 pm »

Near the end of my last trip, I had LR export all of the photos to a new catalog on the SDHC card, which had plenty of room. At home, I put the SDHC card into the desktop and told LR to import from catalog, copying the images.

I did not need to be present at the end of either of the procedures, plus I had an extra copy of the images and catalog. :)

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up