Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V Mount Sensor back on Rollei?  (Read 2129 times)

KevinGSaunders

• KGS Studios
V Mount Sensor back on Rollei?
« on: June 10, 2014, 01:16:22 pm »

Hi All,

I am looking at my Aptus 75S with a V mount and wishing I had a DSLR body to use with it. I currently have a Hy6 and a full set of lenses so the best possible option would be to adapt it to a 6008. Second best would be another body but I would have to get lenses.

Can you shed some light on the situation? I would like to use this for a backup camera out in the field so your thoughts are appreciated.
Kevin G Saunders
KGS Studios

MartinDahl

Re: V Mount Sensor back on Rollei?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:06:53 am »

Hi kevin

Sorry, not possible. Not even a factory change of the adapter. The flange of the Hy6 is so advanced that it isn't possible to connect the electronics as well as mount.
Your luck is that V mount backs are quite easy to sell, on the other hand it isn't easy to find a AFi back sold separately.
Where are you at in the world ? If in USA, you should try Eric Hiss, www.rolleiflex.us - he is also very active on this forum.

BR

Martin

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:16:56 am »

Options as I see them:
- upgrade your 75 to a Hy6 Mount back (e.g. Credo 60)
- sell your 75 and buy a Leaf/Sinar Hy6 Mount back
- buy an RZ Pro II with a V mount adapter; the lenses are quite good and crazy cheap, but of course MF only
- do nothing

Eric is a great resource for Rollei. In addition you can consider one of the (few) dealers with experience with (the company formerly known as) Rollei; especially prudent if you go the upgrade route (shameless bias alert). We work quite closely with Eric and have nothing but respect for him.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:18:48 am by Doug Peterson »

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 02:56:40 am »

Hi All and Happy 4th!

Doug and Martin are right - there is no easy way to fit a V mount back to the 6008.  I do know a few people who have made their own digital back mounting plates for the Rolleiflex 6008 cameras and that the backs already in V mount were preferred for spacing and maybe also electronic connections,  so it may be that someone talented could make one for you.  It's not easy, but not impossible either.  I guess by the time you get done doing this you might wish you had just exchanged backs or upgraded to a Credo as Doug suggested.

I didn't know there was a V adapter for the RZ pro II, but that would be cool.  I like the RZ camera actually and still keep one in my gear closet as Leaf made an AFi/Hy6 to RZ adapter and I can fit my AFi-ii 12 to the RZ.   Lenses are indeed excellent and the RZ is truly a bargain these days. 

I'm also a big fan of the digital backs with adapter plates - like the older Hasselblad/Imacon backs or the Sinar ones for this reason, but usually they have less camera specific integration.

Rolleiflex USA

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 08:56:16 am »

There were a few Phase for Rollei 6008 special use backs, I believe. Anyone seen one?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 10:18:32 pm »

Phase One and Rolleiflex offered a digital bundle package long ago with a P20 fit to the 6008AF.  Sinar also had and eMotion kit with the 6008AF.   Rollei Metric which was bought by Trimble was fitting phase p20, p25+ and P45+ backs to the 6008 mostly for aerial work, but anyone could get them to make an adapter. The price was pretty high ($3000 approx.)  so not sure how many were made but one did occasionally see them.  There was a forum member here that made his own, and I know that a technician in Los Angeles, Austin Calhoon, is considering undertaking the work to make his own 6000 back adapters for resale.   
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up