Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement for Harman OpalJet XL (V1)  (Read 1136 times)

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
Replacement for Harman OpalJet XL (V1)
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:18:27 pm »

I've been using Harman's display graphic material, OpalJet XL125 - the sort of material used for pop up roller banners - to create non-permanent ultra gloss prints. It had a melinex plastic base (Very flat), took a good ink load, and when laminated with an ultragloss laminate, made a reasonable impression of a Ciba print.

I've just got a new roll - V2 - which has a decidedly metallic sheen to it (to improve sharpness and vibrancy for display graphics). And which looks nothing like the slightly creamy smooth original. Harman tell me that they've fully cleared their stock of the older version.

Does anyone know of a similar (to the V1) product that might be readily and not too expensively available material? I'm based in London, so shipping on a roll (tend to use 36 or 42") from the states would be out of the question, though potentially from Europe could be OK.

I'm printing on an 8300 Canon.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
Re: Replacement for Harman OpalJet XL (V1)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 05:58:52 am »

To reply to my self, I think I'm now looking at the Pictorico PPF150, to give the cleanest finish, unless there are any recommendations for a high gloss, ultra smooth, rich non metallic...
Seems the only European suppliers (I can find) are pictorico.eu in Germany, which isn't too bad for shipping.

I'm still slightly confused about the longevity of the material - will be under a UV blocking ultragloss polyester laminate, and mounted to Aluminium.
Pages: [1]   Go Up