Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Packing for Luminous Landscape Antarctica Trip??  (Read 1219 times)

cimajeff

Packing for Luminous Landscape Antarctica Trip??
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:09:23 am »

I'm going on the 2015 Antarctica trip and don't see a simple packing checklist. What to bring? NOT to bring? Weight limits? Why have I read, to not bother bringing a tripod (that one really baffles me, I know you can't use them on a Zodiac, but aren't we on shore at various times?) Any help from "you'all" that have gone on this trip recently would be most appreciated.  Thanks Jeff
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:11:00 am by cimajeff »

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Packing for Luminous Landscape Antarctica Trip??
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 07:29:47 am »

Hello,
Send me a private email.  I'll need your forum sign on name and email address. A while back I sent an email to everyone about joining the private Antarctica Forum shown at the top of the page.  It is a private forum so you will have to send me a personal message and I'll get you into that section.  We talk a lot about what you will need to pack.  Also as we get closer to the date of departure you'll receive all sorts of stuff.  For the most part you will find the answers to you initial questions in the forum.

If you can figure out how to bring  tripod within the weight restrictions then you are welcome to bring one.  I haven't taken one for three years now and haven't needed one, even shooting medium format. Feel free to contact me personally if you have specify questions.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Justinr

• Ink+images
Re: Packing for Luminous Landscape Antarctica Trip??
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »

I'm going on the 2015 Antarctica trip and don't see a simple packing checklist. What to bring? NOT to bring? Weight limits? Why have I read, to not bother bringing a tripod (that one really baffles me, I know you can't use them on a Zodiac, but aren't we on shore at various times?) Any help from "you'all" that have gone on this trip recently would be most appreciated.  Thanks Jeff

I met a fellow the other day who took one of these -

Pages: [1]   Go Up