Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get rid of random ink droppings?  (Read 1066 times)

Some Guy

How to get rid of random ink droppings?
« on: June 08, 2014, 11:22:23 am »

I used some paper that has a bad edge curl (I should have known better too as I thought the D-roller would minimize edge curling, but oh well.).  Epson 3880 head hit it with some rather loud audible noise.

Subsequent prints now have small 1/8" ink droppings scattered on the surface: middle of print, everywhere.  Doesn't appear to be on the sides at all and streaking, just small random drops.

One suggestion was to run a thick rag paper through it with a wet leader of alcohol soaked on the first third of the paper a couple of times with the paper feeder.  No easy way to access under the head that I've found.

Any others?

Tia.

SG

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: How to get rid of random ink droppings?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 02:08:41 pm »

Not that familiar with the 3880, however if there is a way to release the head carriage and slide the head out of the way, more than likely if you can get to the wiper and clean it, then do a couple of cleanings, this issue should go away. 

The head strikes probably picked up some paper lint/trash and may now also be on the wiper.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

howardm

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 03:47:09 pm »

i think the way to release the 3880 carriage is to power on the printer and it'll do a carriage movement.  you must be ready and when the carriage moves, pull the power cord from the wall/unit.

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 11:42:41 am »

A couple of months back I was getting magenta dots randomly on my prints. I tried checking a number of things including passing a lint free cloth under the head and it was clean. The Maintenance cartridge was only 80% used. I had a spare ready and decided to try it out. I was happy as it resolved the problem. Thought I was going to have to replace the printer (only 3 years old).

Andrew
Capture the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up