Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Filenames?  (Read 913 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Printing Filenames?
« on: June 07, 2014, 10:28:51 am »

Using LR5 and the Print Module, is there any way to print the Filename on the output?  Photo Info places the name on a border outside the image area which won't work for my application.  I need to use something like the Identity Plate enabling me to place the Filename where I want to.

I have 600 images to print that I need the Filename on.  Currently, I'm doing it all manually in PS but need to streamline my workflow and would rather just include the Filename when printing from LR.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Mike Guilbault

MarkBarbieri

Re: Printing Filenames?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 06:47:38 pm »

It looks cumbersome, but it is better than nothing:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2011/09/lightroom-watermark-your-images-with-sequential-names.html

In short, you add the filename in the slideshow module and export it as a set of JPGs, then you re-import the JPGs with the filenames already embedded in them and print that.

MarkBarbieri

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:51:17 pm »

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 11:46:29 pm »

Mogrify looks like it only works in the Export function, not the Print Module. The first option with the link won't work because sometimes the filenames are not sequential. It's a long story... but I have to sort and group the images, not just sort by filename. There are gaps in filenames too, so the option needs to actually read the file's name and use that (minus the .xxx extension would be wonderful) only.
Mike Guilbault

Alistair

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 01:47:03 am »

Mogrify looks like it only works in the Export function, not the Print Module. The first option with the link won't work because sometimes the filenames are not sequential. It's a long story... but I have to sort and group the images, not just sort by filename. There are gaps in filenames too, so the option needs to actually read the file's name and use that (minus the .xxx extension would be wonderful) only.

Can't think of a way to do it in LR but it would be quite easy using a PS script to add a layer with the requisite mark. Very easy if you have  a little VB or JS knowledge. If not then maybe this will help:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2013/07/25/introduction-to-photoshop-scripting/

Regards
Alistair
Alistair
Pages: [1]   Go Up