Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching Multiple Files  (Read 835 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Searching Multiple Files
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:39:57 pm »

Recently I needed to search for a topic across all folders. To do this I went to library>show photos in subfolders before searching. This worked and I found the image I was looking for.

Normally I have this feature disabled. Is there anyway to do a database-wide search without turning this feature on?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Searching Multiple Files
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:19:04 am »

At the top of the drive/folder list on the left side of the library module, Catalog tab, is 'All Photographs'. That number shows all of the images in the catalogue, independent of where they are. Click on that before filtering. If you're searching based on a specific keyword, you can also open the keyword list in the right panel of the library and there will be a number beside each keyword showing the number of images that have that keyword. Place your mouse over a keyword and to the right of that number there will be an arrow. Click on the arrow and it will show you a filter with only images containing that keyword. Creating a Smart Collection would also work (don't forget the Alt/Opt key when creating Smart Collections).

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Re: Searching Multiple Files
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 07:51:33 am »

Perfect! This works very well. Thank you.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up