Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TNBT :)  (Read 4214 times)

laughingbear

TNBT :)
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:44:37 pm »

Well well, I like that smell!

I know this startup feeling from years ago in the IT industry, having been involved in some exciting TNBT myself, I can relate.

Let the rumors start. Is it a new catalog system not based on SQL but sort of entirely new database development? That was my very first thought of course. Keywording etc. comes to mind.Then again, "changing the way the world remembers" implicates a little more than that I would think, if it is not just a hyped marketing slogan.

We shall see, we shall see.  :)

Thanks for sharing Michael, and the very best wishes for the Mylo Team!

Georg
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:51:10 pm by laughingbear »

laughingbear

Re: TNBT :)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:14:49 pm »

mhhh ;)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:16:21 pm by laughingbear »

laughingbear

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »

Interesting

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:40:45 pm by laughingbear »

Zerui

• Foto Zerui
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 04:35:50 pm »

While we are all waiting with bated breath to discover what the Next Big Thing will be, let me ask some mundane questions about the video. Can you give us some details of the set up?
1) you used two cameras with very different image quality. Was one a GH4 at 4K. What was the other camera?
2) Or was the difference only in the lighting?
3) what sound set up did you use?
Goff

amolitor

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:20:21 pm »

There has been maybe one real next big thing every decade the last thirty years, plus or minus. There have been tends of thousands of people hawking a TNBT in that same interval.

thewanderer

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 01:57:01 am »

well i personally hope they figure out the storage problem,, and time problem, i don't take as much photos now, just because of what he said,, you take a picture, you create work,, i hate grinding through photographs,,, then, backing up, and hoping it backs up, and then, hoping the back up of the back up backs up, then,, more power to them if they can figure all that out

Peter_DL

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 01:24:48 pm »

Well well, I like that smell!
.. We shall see, we shall see.  :)

I don't.
A waste of time for me to watch this video.
I object to gurus which are staying purposely unclear.

Just my 2ct.
Peter

--

michael

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 02:08:44 pm »

For this that care, the video was removed this morning because of technical problems with the sound.

It will be back. Just not sure when.

Michael

quarkmark

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 03:54:34 pm »

Michael,
for me this video raised an issue that I saw over and over again during the years: Reporting about products and being involved as a friend or advisor at the same time is not a good practice. At least in my opinion. This is a problem everybody has to solve who acts and writes on the internet and tries to make some money... The closer you get to the industry the lower your credibility...?!
Michael, I really do like your work and I think that your very best moments are when you are a photographer talking about photography and showing us your work or the work of other photographers and not when you are the businessman trying to sell us something as "tnbt".
Cheers,
Mark
P.S.: When I read what I've just wrote as my first comment I realized that it's quite absurd that I as a stranger tell you this on the internet, sitting at my tablet thousands of miles away... But I guess that's how it works in the 21st century.

michael

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 04:32:16 pm »

Mark,

That's fine. That's your opinion.

But, the way the industry works (any industry for that matter) is that if you work in it long enough you get to know people at many companies; some casually, some well. You meet at conferences, you attend press events, etc.

I always explain my relationship with companies, and if it's more than casual I either don't review their products or I do so with appropriate disclaimers.

Michael

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 04:34:03 pm »

Michael, I really do like your work and I think that your very best moments are when you are a photographer talking about photography and showing us your work or the work of other photographers and not when you are the businessman trying to sell us something as "tnbt".

Personally, I like to be informed, so I welcome any breaking news. Better to come from someone who knows about the product and company than many online articles written nowadays by people without any clues about reported products and technology and even without any common sense.

Although quite vague, the interview gives hints about the new product, and it is also refreshing that this startup values experience and wisdom of silver hair (or no hair) designers. That alone is newsworthy.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:36:54 pm by LesPalenik »

quarkmark

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 05:26:02 pm »

Michael,
I think I know what you're talking about, because in my daily job I also have to deal with potential conflicts of interests. There were some events where a "friend" in my industry tried to "convince" me somehow to judge a product in a certain way... It's always very subtle, of course.
Well, I don't know your life and what you're trying to accomplish, but from what I see from over here it feels like I want to say to you: Less business, more photography!
My life has taught me a lesson: work, money, business don't make me happy.
Photography does, sometimes!
May the force be with you ;-)
Mark

michael

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 09:30:36 pm »

Well, my new hard cover 400 page book covering the last 20 years of my photography might be of interest.

And it's free.

But you'll have to make a donation to my charitable foundation for photographers to get one. :-)

More info in a few weeks.

But

daws

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 09:35:40 pm »

...The closer you get to the industry the lower your credibility...?!

For me, I like it when Michael talks about photography and shows us his work or that of other photographers, and when he posts his takes on the latest tech & trends in the business. I think his long-demonstrated expertise in all of those areas raises his credibility when he writes about any of them.

Zerui

• Foto Zerui
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 04:10:25 am »

Not just the sound.
The image quality was asymmetric, to put it kindly.
The shots of Michael were well lit and resolved.
The shots of his interviewees were badly lit and low resolution; sort of home movie quality.
Goff

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 05:14:27 am »

Michael,
Well, I don't know your life and what you're trying to accomplish, but from what I see from over here it feels like I want to say to you: Less business, more photography!
My life has taught me a lesson: work, money, business don't make me happy.
Photography does, sometimes!
May the force be with you ;-)
Mark

Hey Mark, you might not know that Michael has spent most of his life (as far as I can deduce) making his living from photography.  So I guess like a lot of us he tries to tread the fine line in making money from something he also has a genuine passion about.  A rare thing in many occupations.

Jim

quarkmark

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 08:06:57 am »

Well, my new hard cover 400 page book covering the last 20 years of my photography might be of interest.

And it's free.

But you'll have to make a donation to my charitable foundation for photographers to get one. :-)

More info in a few weeks.

But

Sounds good. I've wondered why there wasn't more info about it. Looking forward to that!

Michael, I have another question, seriously: What was tlbt (the last big thing) for you? I tried to find tlbt for myself, but I wasn't able to tell.

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 11:56:56 am »

The last TNBT fail has to be this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segway_PT

This piece of tech junk was hyped before release as redefining personal transportation

For me, I suppose the iPod and iTunes might rate highly on TNBT chart.

Mark

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 12:04:32 pm »

Upon reflection, I think that the creation of the Victoria's Secret Angels would
have to be considered as the last TNBT.
 :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up