Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1PRO 7.2.2 Windows 8.1 PRO Updated Version — CHECK DOCUMENT FAILED  (Read 7503 times)

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

I wanted to know if you are experiencing a similar "FAILED" message in red, when trying to perform "Check Document" on your catalog? This is what happens to me. I opened my catalog. I invoke the "Check Document" under the "File" menu. The software displays lines of code to tell the user of what it is the software is checking. This is fast.

At the bottom, there is the "FAILED" output message with two options: Verify or Repair.

I would select "Repair," to try to fix it.

The C1PRO7.2.2 will try to fix it and for me, there is always the "FAILED" message and associated with that message is the "No fix for invalid layer relationships."

Do you experience the similar error message? I reported this to P1 Tech and was assigned Case #144356. I was informed that just because my catalog seems working fine, the underlying internal structures are corrupt. Somehow, the software can't fix it properly. I'm hoping that with more data from users who are finding themselves in the same experience as me, P1 will be able to fix this in the near future. Please log into your P1 account and reference my case ID, if and only if you're receiving the same "No fix for invalid layer relationships."

indusphoto

• 500px

I had this problem recently. I went backups all the way to January and all of them failed verification. C1 support said the same thing, that catalog is unrecoverable. They recommended starting over.

I had no trust left in C1 catalog. So I just exported all edited images with settings, to a new folder and abandoned catalog. I am now just using the library to browse folders on disk and edit there. All my metadata and asset management is in LR5.

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

Hi Zafar and Everyone,

I was wondering, if the following experiment is reproducible on your end? I have submitted this anomaly to PhaseONE (P1) and the tech support is starting to investigate further. More data and feedback will help the team flush or address the following behavior I reported in my video (~10 minutes). It should take LESS for you to conduct, because I was speaking with pauses in between.

1) Create a dummy catalog on the PRIMARY drive or partition (where your OS and main programs are installed). Name is "Dummy" or whatever.

2) Import a single RAW-RAW file using the "import into catalog" method into your "Dummy" catalog.

3) Open "Dummy" catalog and allow C1PRO7.2.2 to render the image in the viewer. DON'T do anything yet.

4) Go to "File" menu and invoke the "Check Document" command. Expected result from checking should be "OK."

5) To the RAW file you imported into your "Dummy" catalog, add an arbitrary local adjustment layer, brush something on it and increase the exposure or whatever. Apply something to that adjustment layer.

6) Repeat the "Check Document" command. What is the expected result? I received "Failed" and both the "Verify" and "Fix" result in consistent "FAIL" status message. At this point, you should choose "Close" and the C1PRO7.2.2 will restart itself and load "Dummy" catalog.

7) Expunge the local adjustment layer so that the RAW file was in its original and unaltered state. Repeat the "Check Document" command. What are your results? I was able to record an "OK" status message.

Please share your findings here AND with PhaseONE by logging into your account and confirm the oddity I reported.

Here is the ~10 minutes screen captured video demonstrating the experiment: http://youtu.be/qbo_sVfD5C4.

indusphoto

• 500px

Ditto!

I dont know how to report to Phase One. I will message you my registered email address so you can add my name to the issue.

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

/* UPDATE */

I was informed via the cast support that the team is investigating. They told me that people who were able to exactly reproduced the anomaly I observed and reported should log into their accounts and report it themselves with their hardware configuration.

The more data P1 has, the more likely the company could flush the oddity and augment a solution in the next update cycle.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate you.

Best in health and "coolest" wishes,

Ron

Ditto!

I dont know how to report to Phase One. I will message you my registered email address so you can add my name to the issue.

indusphoto

• 500px

Did they find anything?

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

Not yet. The last message from P1 Tech is that they are looking more seriously into the matter. What we and others reported, confirmed this oddity. This certainly should NOT happen.

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

SOLVED!!!

With the release of 7.2.3, the oddity has been fixed. I went back to my DUMMY catalog used to report the oddity and my same steps I repeated...I'm NO LONGER getting the failed messages. Thank you PhaseONE with the fix!

indusphoto

• 500px

Thanks for the update. With the new build I ran document check on my old catalog and was able to fix the catalog. I will need time to go through the catalog and verify that everything is as it should be, but at least document check seems to fix the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up