Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get a model/models abroad in exchange for photos only?  (Read 2721 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com

I am a wedding photographer. I am shooting a wedding in Europe this summer. I am just wondering how to find models who are willing to work with me in exchange for the photos.

People recommend Model Mayhem. I have never used it.

I mainly looking for single models and couples for taking photos at interesting places.

How should I go about this? Is there anybody here who also had the same problem before?

Thanks so much!

Eric Kellerman

• Eric Kellerman Photography
Re: How to get a model/models abroad in exchange for photos only?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 04:59:42 am »

Put out a casting notice on Model Mayhem. If you're aiming to shoot in Britain, use PurplePort.

Some Guy

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 06:32:04 pm »

I just visit the local model agency and hire one or two.  No need to try and generate prints they like, which sometimes they don't as what you think is good may be entirely different from their opinion.  Just pay for 2-3 of hours of their time and run.  If you fail or you fail to deliver, no harm done.  Plus, they supposedly have some knowledge on how to pose and look good on print too from an agency - and they may even show up vs. some social media model who might bail on you at the last minute.

SG

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:41:04 am »

Thanks so much!!!

stevebri

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 08:23:06 am »

I have to chime in here..  I work with models all the time both in NYC and London and Paris.

ModelMayhem has a bigger range than PurplePort but try both.

However I would also just go down the model agency route, especially France/Italy/Spain...

If I'm shooting for my book our testing new kit or refining a technique I am shooting for me and don't want the model chiming in about how quickly will she get her prints and secondly.. if you add up the cost of your trip, clothes, MUA etc... then why run the risk of a no show...?  I've had girls from the web who I had agreed to pay who cancel the night before...  All that prep... for a no show.

Agencies actually offer you better girls, and rates that are cheaper than so called 'top' girls on the web charge per hr, plus there's no drama and normally a great work ethic...

I agree with Some Guy, try an agency or two first and remember there are a lot of 2nd and 3rd tier agencies out there with great models.

S
Pages: [1]   Go Up