Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Camera RAW - Expiry of Beta Version......May 31st, 2014. What to do now?  (Read 3495 times)

Dinarius

I'm just about to open Adobe Camera RAW 8.4 (hosted in Photoshop CS6) and the following message has appeared:

"This is a beta version of the Camera Raw plug-in. It has expired as of 2014-5-31. You may continue to use this beta version indefinitely, but you will see this warning dialog once per day after the expiration date."

I presume this is happening because I haven't supped the Photoshop CC juice?

Thanks.

D.

Denis de Gannes

Quote from the Lightroom Journal April 7 2014. Availibility of ACR 5.4.

"Camera Raw 8.4 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.  This release provides new features including new preview controls, red eye correction for pets and updates to Local Corrections.  In addition, this release also includes bug fixes, support for new cameras and new lenses.  DNG Converter 8.4 is provided for customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6.

As mentioned here, updates to Camera Raw 8 for Photoshop CS6 only include new camera support, lens profile support, and bug fixes.  The new features listed in the release notes are only available in Photoshop CC."

You should be able to update. More info at the link below.
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

Dinarius

Denis,

Sorted.

Thanks.  ;)

D.

madmanchan

• Web

Also, the public beta versions of ACR have had this beta warning for years (long before CC).  It is unrelated to CC.  In short, it is safe to ignore the warning, and you can continue using it indefinitely.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up