Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export Size Question  (Read 1848 times)

smahn

Export Size Question
« on: May 30, 2014, 02:43:40 pm »

Say I have an one image that is 3000 pixels long and 700 pixels high, and a second that is 700 pixels long and 3000 pixels high, and I would like to export them simultaneously to each be 1500 x 1500 px square with LR adding white where needed to extend the canvass.

Is this possible to dictate in the Export dialog to keep as a prest, or how would you do it?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Export Size Question
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 03:43:55 pm »

You can not do it in the Export dialog, you would have to use Print module, print to JPEG.

smahn

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:29:33 pm »

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately there are a couple of drawbacks to this approach:

1) The resizing/sharpening mojo seems inferior to the export module, unless I haven't found the sweet spot settings yet. I will keep trying.

2) I don't seem to be able to batch Print and retain original file names on output. Am I missing a setting?

smahn

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 05:50:54 pm »

Alternatively, is there anyway to add to the canvass size with the LR crop tool?

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 07:02:41 am »

You can do it in LR Eport, but only with a third party plugin called LR Mogrify - a very handy donationware plugin from the Photographer's Toolbox (Aside:  Adobe should pay a substantial amount to TPT to acquire LR Mogrify and build into LR!)

It does a lot more than you have requested, but both images could be exported at the same time by setting "Long Edge" to 1500px in the Image Sizing pane, then, in the LR Mogrify "Background Canvas" pane, specifying a 1500 x 1500px canvas.

You can see LR Mogrify at work in a recent post of mine.

Hope this helps.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 07:28:48 am »

Alternatively, is there anyway to add to the canvass size with the LR crop tool?

LR does not use canvases the way Photoshop does. In LR you have the image and that's all. In PS you have an image that's on a canvas that may be larger than the image. So, you could do what you want in PS but hardly conveniently (unless you could create an action).

smahn

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 12:44:24 pm »

Yes, Mogrify for the win!  A very elegant solution.

Beautiful images at your link.

Thanks, everyone.

You can do it in LR Eport, but only with a third party plugin called LR Mogrify - a very handy donationware plugin from the Photographer's Toolbox (Aside:  Adobe should pay a substantial amount to TPT to acquire LR Mogrify and build into LR!)

It does a lot more than you have requested, but both images could be exported at the same time by setting "Long Edge" to 1500px in the Image Sizing pane, then, in the LR Mogrify "Background Canvas" pane, specifying a 1500 x 1500px canvas.

You can see LR Mogrify at work in a recent post of mine.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up