Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF8300 Head Replacement  (Read 1003 times)

TSJ1927

Canon IPF8300 Head Replacement
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:06:08 pm »

Where to get best pricing on a replacement head in the U.S. ?

Thanks

TSJ1927

Re: Canon IPF8300 Head Replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 01:47:04 pm »

Got one at B&H ............. just trying to get a quick suggestion.

Kanvas Keepsakes

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »

I got mine WAY cheaper on eBay and it was genuine. 

Bullfrog

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 06:53:14 am »

I got mine WAY cheaper on eBay and it was genuine.  

I'm not saying you can't get "genuine" parts on ebay cheaper and don't have direct experience with this part, but I do think 'genuine' can be very hard to discern.  

In my case, I purchased a Canon battery for my Canon camera from Future Shop - it was packaged with Canon logo on the package and the battery was EXACTLY the same as my Canon battery (which came with the camera).  In other words, it had the Canon logo on the battery and for all intensive purposes, looked "genuine" and was made to look like it was manufactured by Canon.   I bought it as a back-up because I was travelling.

Anyway, within a very short time of using it, my camera started to have communication errors - and I messed around, searched the internet and assumed it was the camera malfunctioning because I had the camera for a couple years.   The other problem was the battery looked exactly like my manufacturer battery - so I wasn't even sure which battery I was using as I had them both stored and was using them interchangeably in the camera.

Finally, the camera stopped working, nothing on the internet told me why, so I took it in to Canon and they told me it was a fake or "grey matter" battery.  The ONLY difference that I could see between the two (after it was pointed out to me by the canon repair technician) was the fake battery had a more glossy finish and it lacked a tiny stamp on the back which included very detailed manufacturing info.  Canon told me that grey matter parts (including cameras themselves) was a huge problem and that have ongoing challenges educating the public.  The fact I bought it from Future Shop really was a turn off - it wasn't like I bought it from the trunk of some guy's car.

Having worked in telecommunications, I know the same was true in that industry, so I have to believe Epson is not different.

It cost me $70 for the fake battery, $110 to repair the camera and $130 to buy an actual canon battery from Canon - plus time, money for gas, travel back and forth to Canon and loss of use.

Had my camera been within warranty (1 year) - I would have voided it by using this battery.

All to say, I"m now very much a believer in you get what you pay for .  So, unless I knew the source on Ebay and /or had the experience to know EXACTLY what to look for in a replacement part which perhaps this poster has (good on them, they are smarter than me) - I would buy new from B&H or other reputable supplier.  

Good luck.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:14:08 am by Bullfrog »

TSJ1927

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 10:24:38 am »

I think it would be very hard to "fake" or "third party" a Canon printhead as this is  very complex and unique piece of hardware as apposed to a battery.  Although I did research Ebay, there were no printheads  offered less or even near  the B&H price ($418.00+ free shipping).

howardm

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 10:31:13 am »

I thought someone had reported Alibaba had it for around $350 and nominal shipping

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 11:21:01 am »

B&H may be the way to go. I bought a couple last year for $450 each from Lexjet. If I remember correctly, they had to pull them from different warehouses around the country, and were going to charge me $80 shipping for one of them. With some complaining on my part, along with adding on a couple rolls of paper, shipping was reduced to $14 for the entire order.
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up