Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon DSLR tethering with Kuuvik Capture  (Read 3271 times)

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
Canon DSLR tethering with Kuuvik Capture
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:29:24 am »

I've just been having a look at the latest version of Kuuvic Digital's Canon DSLR tethering software, Kuuvik Capture.

It has some useful features such as split image live view, focus peaking and focus/exposure bracketing.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/software/kuuvik13.html

Although currently Mac only, I know that they are canvasing demand for a WinPC version
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

francois

Re: Canon DSLR tethering with Kuuvik Capture
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:19:03 am »

I've just been having a look at the latest version of Kuuvic Digital's Canon DSLR tethering software, Kuuvik Capture.

It has some useful features such as split image live view, focus peaking and focus/exposure bracketing.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/software/kuuvik13.html

Although currently Mac only, I know that they are canvasing demand for a WinPC version

Interesting, I'll give it a try in the next few days. The price is very reasonable.
Francois

nma

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 09:36:16 am »

Why not try dslrController, an Android app which does nearly all that you mention for the Kuuvik Capture? Of course, the price is about $10 for dslrController and it workswith a tablet or phone, making it much more practical in the field. In my case I mount the tablet to my tripod leg with a RAM bracket. Another option is wireless control using a TP-LINK TL-MR3040 3G/4G Wireless N150 Portable Router, Battery Powered, AP/WISP/Router Mode, Compatible with Selected ATT/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile USB. This rig is not perfect, just very good. It provides zebras, peaking, full remote of all camera functions, focus stacking, HDR capture, and combined FS and HDR capture. YMMV.

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 09:48:22 am »

Why not try dslrController, an Android app which does nearly all that you mention for the Kuuvik Capture? ... 

Well, I don't have any devices running Android for one ;-)   Other than that, sounds a good idea...
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

johnkiv

• JohnKishIV photography
Re: Canon DSLR tethering > dslrcontoller app?
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:27:07 am »

As an iphone user, I have been tempted to by a google nexus 7 just to run this app.  I'm curious to hear more about how it is working for you.  Have you tired it as a monitor shooting video, (5dM3)?  Any bugs, lockups, dropouts?

Let me know how it works for you, what's good, what's bad.

Thanks

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 07:33:55 am »

This looks to be quite interesting for the sort of Tilt/Shift studio work that I do a lot of...

I mostly use a 1Ds MkIII for this (but could use my 1Dx) and received the following two emails from the company soon after making an enquiry re the MkIII:

"Split view requires a fast Digic 5 or 5+ processor in the camera and thus not supported on the 1Ds Mark III. Cameras that support split view are the 5D Mark III, 6D, 1D X, 70D, 100D/Rebel SL1/Kiss X7 and 700D/Rebel T5i/Kiss X7i."

"On the second thought, there is still a feature that will greatly help you focusing a tilt-shift lens and it works with the 1Ds Mark III, or in fact any Canon EOS camera.

With the ’Set markers’ tool (shortcut: X), up to 3 markers can be placed on the image area at critical points by clicking on the image, applicable both on the live view stream or a preview image – just as you would do with the split view.

Now, while the split view will not work with a 1Ds Mark III, you can zoom in to the markers and cycle through them by pressing ⌘← or ⌘→. This way you can jump through the magnified view of the (up to) three marked areas. It is still something that can make your life easier as this way you are able to quickly check focus at three image areas.

Markers are persistent and stay active for example over multiple captures, or after switching the live view on and off – until you remove them or you start a new session. You can remove any individual marker by clicking on it while holding down the ⌘ key. ⇧⌘X clears all markers immediately."

I do like the fact that they obviously thought further on my question and replied with both answers within 12 hours!

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 08:54:21 am »

Very innovative and impressive stuff. Any other camera platforms being considered? Nikon, Sony, Hasselblad, Phase One?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up