Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desert Sunrise  (Read 1179 times)

sierraman

Desert Sunrise
« on: May 27, 2014, 12:09:30 am »

I took this image while I was at Horseshoe Bend (I know, it's been photographed a million times but thought I would stop by while I was at Antelope Canyon). The bend in the river is directly to my left and on this morning I was the only person at the site. Just thought this might be an interesting shot as this spot usually has dozens of people sitting/standing on it.  :)

francois

Re: Desert Sunrise
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:02:09 am »

This is a very unusual view from HSB but you were lucky… no crowd. I like the soft colors and the red/orange rock formation typical of the place. You proved that there's more than one way tp take photos of that popular place.
Well done.
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 09:32:40 am »

This is a very unusual view from HSB but you were lucky… no crowd. I like the soft colors and the red/orange rock formation typical of the place. You proved that there's more than one way tp take photos of that popular place.
Well done.
+1.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:05:55 am »

Then again, there is a reason one sight is shot millions of times and the other... one too many  ;)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 11:14:47 am »

Then again, there is a reason one sight is shot millions of times and the other... one too many  ;)

Yes, because millions of tourists (one too many?) shoot pictures of it.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 11:33:33 am »

VERY nice! You have done a great job of making the photo look real, this is one that could easily be over-processed and come out garish and fake-looking. My only comment is that the small green plant at bottom center might be totally in, or totally out of, the frame.

sierraman

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 01:40:15 pm »

VERY nice! You have done a great job of making the photo look real, this is one that could easily be over-processed and come out garish and fake-looking. My only comment is that the small green plant at bottom center might be totally in, or totally out of, the frame.
I just noticed that green plant. I think I'll crop it out.  :)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »

Beautiful hues and tones. Did you happen to catch slightly more dramatic light? It would certainly complement the rock.

Have you thought about this in black & white? With the mid-tone contrast bumped up, you could bring out a lot of the subtle detail in the weathered rock strata.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

sierraman

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 06:27:24 pm »

Beautiful hues and tones. Did you happen to catch slightly more dramatic light? It would certainly complement the rock.

Have you thought about this in black & white? With the mid-tone contrast bumped up, you could bring out a lot of the subtle detail in the weathered rock strata.
I think I will a B&W conversion and see how it looks.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up