Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital edits in LR 3.4 preserved/recognized in/by Photoshop CC  (Read 1189 times)

rgb greenhorn

I have been processing my fine jpeg files in LR 3.4 for years and need to know if/when I switch to Photoshop CC  whether or not my "edits" will be recognized/preserved or will I have to rework all those files in order to export and/or print the images. I (think I) understand that new files will simply be worked in Photoshop moving forward. Just hoping to advance from luddite to luddite 2.0 w/o losing everything I've done. Before/after examples attached. Thanks

BrianWJH

Re: Digital edits in LR 3.4 preserved/recognized in/by Photoshop CC
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 03:25:47 pm »

Lightroom has evolved to version 5.4  and is still available as a standalone application, LR version 6 due this northern summer has also been flagged by Adobe as a standalone version, if you don't need any of the other cc apps why change until you have to?

Regarding your previous edits, they should be backward compatible with the current version although you may want to revisit old images that might benefit from the new features.

Brian.

rgb greenhorn

Re: Digital edits in LR 3.4 preserved/recognized in/by Photoshop CC
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 05:46:26 pm »

Thanks, Brian. I suspect LR 5.4 or the soon to be released 6.0 would suit me fine. However, my partner has the Photoshop CC for her work and it can be added to my computer also so that seemed the easiest (and cheapest since it's already paid for)absent technical complications. But that's an issue for me to decide, not for the forum. I will check out the price and specs, etc of 5.4 and 6.0.
Pages: [1]   Go Up