Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Addicted to camera straps?!?  (Read 6392 times)

yslee

Re: Addicted to camera straps?!?
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 02:37:43 pm »

I came here just to make a point about Optech straps but I see others have already beaten me to it. I just love them - been using their products for nearly 15 years now, and they've never failed me. I really love the connector system too! It allows me to mix and match different kinds of straps with different styles of straps. It's really awesome to use. Best part? They don't cost $80.

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 03:09:01 pm »

I tried to Dspatch strap for a while and didn't care for it at all. The classic thin, plain, black strap stills serves me best.  I often buy them in bulk out of the scrap bins at's what left of various camera stores.

- N.
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww

Dohmnuill

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 10:35:41 pm »

Krug, for a moment I thought I'd stumbled on Steve Huff's camera strap, et al, site. But no, it was..Kevin. I had no idea he was into them. DpReview has suffered from "what strap do I get for my new wonder (after what plastic battery grip)?". What next, a Daily Inspiration (right)?

Anyway, back to my Vickers Gun strap. Did I tell you about the time I .........

Chris Crevasse

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 05:06:25 pm »

Kevin, I like the ready conversion of the Dspatch strap to a wrist strap, but how well does the Dspatch strap slide across clothing?  My current favorite strap is Lance strap, which I wear across my chest and which slides easily when I bring my camera to shooting position.  Most other straps I've tried tend to catch on clothing.

david loble

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 09:43:40 pm »

Chris,

I know you addressed your question to Kevin and I apologise for butting in, but I don't recall in a year's use having a problem with the Dsptch strap having too much friction. Or too little OTOH. I generally run the strap across my chest and lifting the camera to shooting position is no problem. I use Fuji X100s and XE-1.

Re some earlier comments in this thread I would like to point out that the strap with connectors is USD44, not $80, a price some folks have  used when contrasting Dsptch with OpTech and others. The $79 price included a wrist strap. Not that $44 is cheap, but it ain't $80.

David

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 12:22:18 pm »

This topic certainly has gone askew.  To the OP - come on really?  LuLa reviews a lot of products and we found this one to be well constructed and to work very well.  The connector concept allowing one to swap straps out or easily go to a wrist strap is brilliant. These are strong connectors as pointed out and after heavy use I have seen no issues with them.  LuLa has always done reviews of products, software and paper.  And, we will be doing more of these. We are not peddling straps. We are sharing with our readers information about good products.

Kevin Raber
Being a strap (and bag) addict, I really enjoyed being introduced to a new (to me) product.  That's part of the function of this site, IMO.  Keep it up, Kevin!

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 12:51:34 pm »

Although I have multiple straps, including a Russian variant (fake) on the Black Rapid, I keep going back to my old tried and true Domke 1" khaki straps without the swivels (I hate that much metal hanging around my cameras and lenses).  The woven-in rubber strips absolutely keep the strap on my shoulder, the strap is flexible enough to quickly wrap around my wrist for hand carrying, and wide enough to be fairly comfortable on my shoulder, unless I am carrying some really heavy gear, in which case I'll pop on a wider shoulder pad. 

The strap is simplicity itself: 1" cotton canvas with woven rubber strips, connecting to 1/4" nylon straps fastened with adjustable plastic buckles and a couple of keepers for the loose ends, and the last ones I bought were, IIRC, less than $15.  I still use one or two that are over 20 years old, and still functioning.  The nylon straps are just a bit frayed, and the canvas just a touch faded, but they look good alongside my 30+ year old Billingham bag.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up