Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Generic cart flushing fluid?  (Read 1015 times)

Some Guy

Generic cart flushing fluid?
« on: May 24, 2014, 03:52:49 pm »

Have a new 3880.  Did new Epson carts for the checks (Nozzle and alignment) prior to moving to K7 piezo inks.

What can one use to fill all the refillables to flush out the lines and head without resorting to waiting and buying a quart or more of high-dollar fluid?  Something that dries fast?

Isopropyl alcohol of some brand?  Vodka?  Cut with water, although might be hard to get out of carts and dry out for new ink.  I gather ammonia (As in Windex.) is a no-no for fluid in the head due to corrosion.

Must be something safe to use and commonly available.

Tia.

SG

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Generic cart flushing fluid?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 04:36:14 pm »

I am hardly an expert on this, but it seems that any commonly available and cheap liquid will not be filtered to the very stringent level required to avoid clogging the nozzles.

BrianWJH

Re: Generic cart flushing fluid?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »

What can one use to fill all the refillables to flush out the lines and head without resorting to waiting and buying a quart or more of high-dollar fluid?  Something that dries fast?

I've used good quality deionized water with 10%-15% isopropyl alcohol, there's no need for 'fast drying' because when you do the initial fill with the new inks they will flush out the remaining flushing fluid.

I'm sure that that Jon Cone recommends using his PiezoFlush fluid when setting up for the Piezeography inks why no use it?

Cheers,

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up